Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-30-2019, 08:52 PM   #311
darren1228
Zot

1. They didn’t promote this piece enough (2 pics for the exclusive?). No teasers...no screen shots of him facing up against Wolverine.
2. Too much competition from the other X-Men
3. Sabretooth isnt as popular as comic fans would like to believe (None of the previous PFs sold well and that isn’t a coincidence).
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:54 PM   #312
srttoz
Mephisto

Awesome! Already Preordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
I’ve been patiently waiting for them to drop the ES of this beauty of a beast !
Even cancelled my juggy Because I can’t justify that price with so much quality like this coming out for half the price!
And plus what’s coming
Anyway easy decision.
Ordered!
You can buy 2 statues for the price of Juggs. It's a nice statue but it's just not worth it unless you're some giant Juggernaut fan.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:12 PM   #313
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
1. They didn’t promote this piece enough (2 pics for the exclusive?). No teasers...no screen shots of him facing up against Wolverine.
2. Too much competition from the other X-Men
3. Sabretooth isnt as popular as comic fans would like to believe (None of the previous PFs sold well and that isn’t a coincidence).

I agree with the first 2, but not the 3rd. PJ Sabes and rehash Sabes were not very good sculpts imo. At least when compared to this masterful offering. For me, not even close, as this new SS version is simply a masterpiece. But maybe you’re right, the character isn’t that popular. Truth be told, I wasn’t looking for Sabretooth to add to the collection, but this sculpt is just too damn good to pass up. And if SS does indeed design the upcoming Brn Wolverine to compliment this statue and form a dio? Heaven.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:27 PM   #314
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I agree with the first 2, but not the 3rd. PJ Sabes and rehash Sabes were not very good sculpts imo. At least when compared to this masterful offering. For me, not even close, as this new SS version is simply a masterpiece. But maybe you’re right, the character isn’t that popular. Truth be told, I wasn’t looking for Sabretooth to add to the collection, but this sculpt is just too damn good to pass up. And if SS does indeed design the upcoming Brn Wolverine to compliment this statue and form a dio? Heaven.
I am a huge Sabretooth fan and as much as I hate to admit it he isn't that popular to the mass public.

Why would he get so little fanfare with such a fantastic sculpt? I think there was even more buzz for Domino compared to poor Victor Creed. I also think they should've made the EX portrait the REG as that is the classic portrait fans grew up with.

Either way I agree with you this is indeed a fantastic sculpt. Sabretooth fans unite!
Old 07-30-2019, 10:34 PM   #315
azurepred
Zot

Pretty good ES, so I decided to order now as well.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:07 AM   #316
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

W/O a Wolverine matching this ES makes sense. Plus the classic one from 2-3 years ago has some effect.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:14 AM   #317
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Yeah the new sculpt is definitely superior to the other two, i do like the 2nd one though but always felt the torso (primarily the abdomen) wasn't muscular enough.
Quote:
I am a huge Sabretooth fan and as much as I hate to admit it he isn't that popular to the mass public.

Why would he get so little fanfare with such a fantastic sculpt? I think there was even more buzz for Domino compared to poor Victor Creed. I also think they should've made the EX portrait the REG as that is the classic portrait fans grew up with.

Either way I agree with you this is indeed a fantastic sculpt. Sabretooth fans unite!
Same. Sabs is one of my favorite marvel villains, always felt that marvel underplayed his character. As wolverines nemesis, should be more popular than he is imo.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:35 AM   #318
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Yeah the new sculpt is definitely superior to the other two, i do like the 2nd one though but always felt the abdomen wasn't muscular enough.

Same. Sabs is one of my favorite marvel villains, always felt that marvel underplayed his character. As wolverines nemesis, should be more popular than he is imo.
Like you I really wish they would've toned down the muscles just a tad bit. Would've made him go better with the other's in the line. None of them had such prominent muscles showing through the suit.

I'm hoping that Disney/Marvel will do him justice this time around. Sabretooth was ok in Wolverine Origins (terrible terrible movie though) and he was such a disgrace in the first X-Men. Start of with a Logan movie or something and have Sabretooth featured prominently in it.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:32 AM   #319
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Hmmm...

Several pieces released with 500 EX edition size. Are all of these really to be considered low? Or maybe collectors need to realign with where real market demand is at with pricing and a saturated market? Nevermind the doom and gloom, buy buy buy it!
I have the same feeling. It is not a that extremely low ES. I remember when the ES of all those PCS Street Fighters went to 50-150 (that would usually qualify for a sleeper). It was not to please collectors, it was just because there was no demand. I guess because of the XM version that was released at the same time they just could not sell more. After all 500 is ok for the great sculpt, but not more.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:37 AM   #320
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
I agree totally. Even Bowen designs had a hard time selling their Sabretooth statues. The edition size on the OG Bowen Sabes was never even completely filled because orders were so low... and that was an excellent sculpt by Ray Villafane.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote