Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I told my wife today that Finch is notoriously late and has some of the longest lines at cons, her exact words "I can stand in line for you if need be. whatever." What a cool wife I have.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #22
Mfinn123
Hydra

These are great pieces...
Mfinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #23
ftrain1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

That Choi piece is a real beauty. It was done at the show. I had talked to Mike about it 2 years ago at Baltimore and he was pretty excited to do it, but then he went on con hiatus for a while. This is the first time I've seen him since then and he remembered the idea. I brought the actual king and queen of hearts cards as reference for him like Gambit with the staff behind him since the king of hearts holds his sword behind him and Rogue holding a flower like the queen of hearts. Mike nailed it and adding the backgrounds that look like the robe designs for the king and queen of hearts was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm always a Finch fan -- but the star of your pick-up is that Choi piece! Was that done at the show, or pre-arranged?
ftrain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #24
ftrain1

Finch usually does a combo of sketch and auto lines. After each sketch, he tends to do a bunch of autos and then the next sketch and so on and so forth to make both fans happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Finch always seems to have the longest lines at Cons. Did he allow people who wanted just signatures cut through the line instead of waiting for those getting sketches?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #25
ftrain1

Thanks Mike. Thanks for once again putting together an amazing con. Baltimore's always a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfinn123 View Post
These are great pieces...
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #26
ftrain1

Yeah, bringing other art supplies is definitely a cool addition to cons. Sometimes guys who don't normally use certain mediums are welcome to using them if you have them with you. Copics are definitely expensive, but ever since I've bought them over a year ago, they've definitely come in handy and in my opinion been more than worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I picked up a few colors to keep with the headshot jam I've got started. A smart idea me thinks. My son called dibs on them once the jam is done. Those puppies are pricey.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #27
ftrain1

You do have a cool wife. I'm always amazed when wives and girlfriends have the patience to do that. Whenever I'm with friends that are casual fans, they don't have the patience to put up with any real lines, especially not for art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I told my wife today that Finch is notoriously late and has some of the longest lines at cons, her exact words "I can stand in line for you if need be. whatever." What a cool wife I have.