Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That´s a great page, congrats!
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeley Man View Post
Wow! I'm surprised at so few comments. I even added the image to it, which I started a photobucket account for the sole purpose of that. Guess next time, I'll just leave the image out of the post. Seems to get better results.
I commented on the art on CAF, as the link was all I saw when I originally pulled up this post. It's cool that you added the image here. I still dig the art and I really how he draws Sue without the "invisible bubble" lines from her force field. I dig on the art and love how the panels are laid out.

I don't completely understand the comments, or lack of comments, on art either here or on CAF. I recently posted a commission of The Blonde Phantom that I received from Ken Bald, one of the original Timely Comics artist. It received 93 vies and exactly 1 comment here. Yeah.. 1. And I don't believe that was because the art was bad. So, that tells me that of the 93 people that took time to view it, only 1 person felt liek commenting on it.

CAF confuses me even more. I have several pieces of art that I think are pretty solid that have received very few comments. (A Chrissie Zullo commission with over 1800 views but only 3 comments?)

Overall, it doesn't totally bother me as I like the art that I have gotten, but it's still nice to know others appreciate it. Not totally sure I understand why people don't comment on some stuff, while other things get multiple pages of comments (both here and at CAF). I guess it's partially true if you don't like something, then say nothing, but I'm not sure if that's really always the case.

The other thing that I see is that as a collecting community, it is set that only published covers and splashes are held up as being worthy of getting attention. Panel pages don't get as much attention unless it's a major name (Romita, Ditko, etc.) or that it's from a notable work (Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, etc.). Also there seems to be a bit more attentioned paid to current, new artists (Finch, Granov, etc) than some of the older bronze and silver age artists.

Just my opinions on some of this. Not trying to derail your art apprecaition thread and I now return everyone to your regularly scheduled program.

Don
who has tried to comment on many pieces of art that have been posted.
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans11 View Post
The other thing that I see is that as a collecting community, it is set that only published covers and splashes are held up as being worthy of getting attention. Panel pages don't get as much attention unless it's a major name (Romita, Ditko, etc.) or that it's from a notable work (Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, etc.). Also there seems to be a bit more attentioned paid to current, new artists (Finch, Granov, etc) than some of the older bronze and silver age artists.
Meeley Man is offline   Reply With Quote