Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #1021
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Thumbs up

Understood! I thought you were referring to the Sideshow Exclusive of Sagat next week.

Retract my previous comments back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
because he's on the waitlist for the Pop Culture Shock exclusive which was on pre-order last monday
the Sideshow Collectibles exclusive and the regular are next Thursday available for pre-order
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #1022
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Cool idea!

Indeed a valuable asset to our community Marky Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Hey Jerry

I hope you don't mind. I sent my collection video to Event Hubs and asked them to start featuring collectibles:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/a...pcultureshock/

Cheers
Mark
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #1023
Sabinator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Any updates regarding scorpion?
Sabinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 AM   #1024
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Jerry do you still feel like your street fighter PF's are limited? I mean guile, bison and Chunli are easy to get hold of and now Sagat at the moment has no ES and people are allowed to order more than one ex? That doesn't seem right, man...
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #1025
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah that's weird how you can order 2 exclusives. For the edition sizes, since both Chun-Li's and the Bison regular are still in stock it shows that the edition sizes are way too big for demand, while the Guile's can be found at cost or less. It was better when edition sizes were smaller for the Street Fighter series.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #1026
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I agree. @ Sarfaraz @ Awesome

I would like to know the edition size for sagat?? I purchased sagat ex, will purchase reg.....I feel like once you put out the money...you should be given the ES...idk.....
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #1027
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Hi, Jerry. Was just wondering how things were coming along with the lifesize Ryu bust? Really looking forward to that one.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #1028
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPirate82 View Post
Hi, Jerry. Was just wondering how things were coming along with the lifesize Ryu bust? Really looking forward to that one.
Im thinking by end of next week the sculpt will be done. It had to be put on hold while I caught up on biz stuff after Comic Con. But now its a priority again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoToys View Post
I agree. @ Sarfaraz @ Awesome

I would like to know the edition size for sagat?? I purchased sagat ex, will purchase reg.....I feel like once you put out the money...you should be given the ES...idk.....
Roughly the same as Chun Li. I can only suggest to Sideshow what the ES should be. THey have a say as well. So does Capcom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Jerry do you still feel like your street fighter PF's are limited? I mean guile, bison and Chunli are easy to get hold of and now Sagat at the moment has no ES and people are allowed to order more than one ex? That doesn't seem right, man...
They are very limited. There are over 6 billion people on the planet. Capcom sells millions of Street Fighter games. So 800 or less statues is extremely limited no matter how you slice it.

The question you are trying to ask is, should we be making them more limited so they increase in value at a quicker pace.

As a business, we need to capitalize on the popularity of the Chun Li's and Sagats as that profit is what allows us to make the less popular characters. If we limited Sagat to 500 total pcs then the next time we have a flop, it would REALLY hurt us. By selling 800 Sagats we have now created a buffer to take a risk on a less popular character.

Also, I firmly believe that its not IF Guile and Bison will increase in value...its WHEN. Ken and Cammy were both available for LESS than retail after they came out...but a couple years later they started to increase in value and today they have close to tripled in value.

You watch the same will happen with Guile and Bison..it might take a little longer, but it will happen.

I dont know about ordering more than one of the EX. Im not Sideshow and I dont have any say in how they run their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator View Post
Any updates regarding scorpion?
Ive been personally resculpting a lot of him. After looking at him in San Diego there was a lot I wasnt digging. he's almost done though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
Now to my question, Jerry do you have any news regarding Alex or 1/3 Ryu.
Best regards
Hes been on the back burner while I finish Scorpion and the Ryu full size bust.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #1029
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Thanks for the answers Jerry, but what about the 1/3 Ryu? Or is he who you're talking about when you say he's on the back burner?
Old 08-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #1030
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Thanks Jerry! I appreciate it!
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote