Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #4791
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
I was saying Evil Ryus body is well painted with shading unlike Zangiefs. Ryus face however, has absolutely zero shading. It is just one flat brown colour skin wise. His body is totally different, with shading and veins painted. It makes his face stand out as the body is very well done, but his face and eyes are just flat colours.
Hmm, maybe ol Evil will be in need of a repaint.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #4792
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Finaly recieved my evil Ryu...lightup function doesnt work...here we go again
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #4793
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
I was saying Evil Ryus body is well painted with shading unlike Zangiefs. Ryus face however, has absolutely zero shading. It is just one flat brown colour skin wise. His body is totally different, with shading and veins painted. It makes his face stand out as the body is very well done, but his face and eyes are just flat colours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Hmm, maybe ol Evil will be in need of a repaint.
So I finally opened my Evil Ryu. I think his face is painted great. It definitely has the speckling if not shading but I'm not sure shading would be too good on a face?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:19 PM   #4794
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I also have no complaints on the paint job...actualy I find the piece as a whole to be as close to the proto as one could hope...great job pcs
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #4795
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Finaly recieved my evil Ryu...lightup function doesnt work...here we go again
Hope they can take care of you quickly. Waiting on some replacement bamboo myself. Kind of wonder if they will hold off shipping it and just mail it with the evo print.

Quote:
So I finally opened my Evil Ryu. I think his face is painted great. It definitely has the speckling if not shading but I'm not sure shading would be too good on a face?
They did some shading on the 1/3 akuma pieces. I believe it worked better as there's more surface area to work with. Ryu has those big eyebrows, the longer bangs and the headband to go with his snarl.
I returned my first shin due to a poor shading job on the face for a replacement. I like how the paint on the ryu pieces worked out myself.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #4796
IronGold
Justice League

Congrats to those finally receiving this piece, hope you guys are all happy and impressed as I was
IronGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:38 PM   #4797
wakasashe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Finally got a shipping update and my Ryu is scheduled to arrive next Monday. Photos then!
wakasashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #4798
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I don't see why not. My girlfriend even questioned why his eyes were just simply red and black I think detail could have been worked into the eyes and the entire face, paint wise. You have to look no further than Zangief. His whole face is painted with different skin tones, shading under his eyes, ears, veins, skin folds, even his eyeballs have shading. It's what makes it pop so much and just such a pleasure to look at.

Adding shading to the face is the difference between image 1 and image 2. Evil Ryu has lots of places they could have shaded along with making his eyes more detailed/interesting. They did it to his body, who knows why they didn't do it to his face.

twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:47 AM   #4799
BurningRage
Inhumans

Got the replacemtn bamboo. It was shipped 2 day USPS but they never emailed me that they shipped it.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #4800
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Got the replacemtn bamboo. It was shipped 2 day USPS but they never emailed me that they shipped it.
Same thing with my replacement head. Be on the look out if you are expecting any type of replacement item from PCS! Yet, I am grateful that the LEDs in the head actually works and will be testing it allot this weekend. Also Mae was quick to respond and get the problem taken care of in a timely manner.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote