Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

View Poll Results: what piece should ReelART do next?
Death Dealer 2 24 36.92%
Victorious 2 3.08%
Huntress 39 60.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Statue Forum / ReelArt contest

We are Happy to announce the latest contest with SF and ReelArt. ReelArt is so thoroughly
happy that their new Franzetta Piece is complete and ready for order they have graciously asked to have a contest so that one of the SF family will be able to win this fabulous sculpt.

This is a 1/8th sculpt by Troy McDevitt and will be signed for the winner of the contest. Dracula meets the Wolfman! A superb choice (from my point of view). In looking at the pictures that have already been posted you can see it really captures the artwork of Frank Franzetta. This is to be a limited release piece of only 500 units worldwide. Knowing the large fan base the classic monsters have around the world this is sure to be another sold out piece for ReelArt.

Folks this is going to be easy and hard for this contest. The first part will be to sign up for the ReelArt newsletter http://www.reelartstudios.com/subscribe.htm , the second part will be to vote what the next Franzetta piece from ReelArt should be. (that is the easy part) the hard part is to post why you feel that the piece you voted on should be the one picked. The winner will be picked from a combination of doing all three things. If you only do one or two............... sorry. This contest is going to run for two weeks and then we will review the posts and all then pick a winner. The staff of ReelArt and Myself will be the judges.

This contest is open to all members of SF.

Dracula Meets the Wolfman (Painting) -
Dracula Meets the Wolfman (Overlay) -
Dracula Meets the Wolfman (Sculpt) -

Last edited by CKinSD; 07-13-2010 at 08:38 PM.
CKinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Picks for the next piece!

A. Death Dealer II
B. Victorious
C. The Huntress

Death Dealer II (Painting) -
Death Dealer II (Sculpt) -

Victorious (Painting) -
Victorious (Sculpt) -

Huntress (Painting) -
Huntress (Sculpt) -

Dracula meets the Wolfman is ready to pre-order over at the ReelArt site.
http://www.reelartstudios.com/shopdisclaimer.htm.

ReelArt is also running a special right now that if you pre-order this piece you will get 35% of any other sculpt they have in inventory at the time you order.
Newsletter subscribers will get $60 off this pre-order of Dracula meets the Wolfman.

Last edited by CKinSD; 07-13-2010 at 02:16 PM.
CKinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

This is a fantastic prize.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

This contest is NOW OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
once again a huge thanks to ReelArt for sponsoring this contest with an incredible prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
patrickwm68
The Flash

While they all look great. Huntress looks like it's going to be an outstanding piece and one that would be a welcome addition to my collection.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

They are all fantastic!
great work!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKinSD View Post

"...the second part will be to vote what the next Franzetta piece from ReelArt should be...."

Hmmm... Can you tell us who will be sculpting the three to choose from?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #8
resin addict
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The Huntress gets my vote, the combination of the raw power/animal nature of the 2 big cats contrasting with the softer feminine aspect of their handler is a perfect example of the type of contrasts that Frazetta would work into his paintings. That, and the girl; both in the painting and the sculpt is a perfect example of Mr. Frazetta's visualization of women...real, soft, with curves, but also dangerous.
The Huntress...please.
Randy
resin addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #9
Vracula
Jedi Order

Death Dealer 2

have been a newsletter member for some time now

Ok I will be honest with you i have been waiting ages for Chris gabrish's masterpiece,

There is no one out that that does more justice to frazetta's (RIP Frank) death dealer than Chris at the moment,I can see the passion of the sculptor and the passion of the painting flowing through this immensely dynamic piece.The sculpt immediately grabs you by the throat and flings you into the midst of a gory battle.DD chopping away with no regard,while the ghouls keep piling on.You can tell just by looking at the sculpt DD is not hesitant at all,His tense muscles gripping on to his axe bringing it down for a fatal blow,one is all he needs for each goul.It also brings up the age old question that every one asks about the death dealer as soon as they laid eyes on this phenom is he human or something else...

I have been waiting for 2 years and counting for this to be released,if you don't believe me look up the dd2 thread this needs to happen and it needs to happen quick!I demand Justice Michael!!!

I still remember the first day I saw this I was blown away!!I kept Pestering Chris on release dates but the poor lad kept saying hold on!so it's time for the death dealer Michael,let him loose!!!

oh yeah almost forgot .......2 years Michael 2 years!!!!!!

this is the most dramatic piece out of the entire frazetta license you have and a sure shot seller,it only makes sense that this overdue piece finally hits the market and makes its way into my grubby fingers!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #10
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

RAS newsletter subsrciber? Check

Statue Forum member? Check

Choice for next statue?

Hmmm. I would and will buy any and all of them but of these three the choice for me is the Huntress. If I could go off the board for a choice I would pick #1 Nightwinds and #2 Silver Warrior.......just sayin.

There are already quite a few death dealer statues available and "Victorious" is a great piece of art (like all Frazetta paintings) but it is a little less eye grabbing Frazetta style compared to the other two possibilities.

The Huntress has many of the great Frazetta art traits,

Frazetta type woman in skimpy garb, great animation in animal figures, a sharp weapon, and unmistakeble Frazetta style painting.
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote