curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Greed.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #44
Luminous
Cyclops

Forcing families to either share an account or pay full retail multiple times for separate accounts, is beyond stupid. Who in their right mind thought that would be a good idea, and who the hell would approve it?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #45
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Well thats what it is, greed pure and simple. They don't just want their piece of the pie anymore, they want the whole thing. Its just the latest attempt to replace physical media so they can control what you do with entertainment you purchased.

It also goes against the individuality they've tried so hard to create with profiles over the years. If you buy a game for your two kids they can no longer play the game under their own profiles without purchasing it twice. Thats absurd.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #46
MrYac
Hercules

yup, how do you start off your press conference with the fact that you're the leader in a 67 billion dollar industry, charge us 50 dollars a year to play online yet still load us with ads and now we can't even get a couple dollars break from a used game or borrowed from a buddy, there is no other word for that then greed.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #47
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have to say this whole used game thing sucks...but doesn't really affect me in any way. Haven't bought a used game in years (just patiently wait for new titles to go in sale). Also haven't borrowed a game since the N64 days since none of my current friends game. Also have no children yet

So even though it doesn't affect me it still is BS and I may just refrain from purchasing their system to send a message.

This hobby used to be about the gaming...now it's anything but
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #48
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Lots of strange choices. The name is weird and open to numerous jokes, the system looks like a cassette player and this whole account tieing thing is going to catch a lot of uninformed customers.

I understand the what they're going for but it's too grown-up and will alienate their audience.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #49
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I have to say this whole used game thing sucks...but doesn't really affect me in any way. Haven't bought a used game in years (just patiently wait for new titles to go in sale). Also haven't borrowed a game since the N64 days since none of my current friends game. Also have no children yet

So even though it doesn't affect me it still is BS and I may just refrain from purchasing their system to send a message.

This hobby used to be about the gaming...now it's anything but
It would potentially affect me in multiple ways. First, my wife and I play online games like Halo together. If we purchased the Xbox One, we would now be required to pay for next Halo twice in order to play against our friends online. Second, between my brother and my friends, we share a lot of games together. One of us will purchase a game like Assassin's Creed, complete it, and then share the game with the next person in line. One game allows 3 or 4 of us to to share that experience. And while I have no idea at what age kids begin to care about things like Gamerscores or Trophies, my kids will potentially be interested in their own profiles. If they're going to be anything like my brother and I as kids, they're going to want their own individuality and their own profiles. Sorry kids, but I am not about to drop $120 for a single video game.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #50
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
exactly, I almost never buy used games and i'm always online but it's the principal of the thing here that is the issue, the whole F-U that they are pretty much saying to the consumer that they frankly don't give a crap about our opinions or what's good for us in any way shape or form
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote