Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #81
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAryn View Post
As a statue in itself it continues to be considered superior to F4F, provided you have a copy in optimal conditions. The problem here is not so much the statue, but the Gantaku and what it has combined with many users, really a pity.
The people i mention though don't even see these flaws, bad production doesn't seem to be an issue for them because they just see "cool statue" and don't really know the flaws that are present.

It's only when you have people like Hitman/Eternalblue who are collectors and have other high quality pieces to compare it to that these flaws are brought to light.

Basically if they only have Funko Pops in their collection and then say this is great, don't trust them lol.

Also really worried about my Gantaku POs now thank god they're through SS.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #82
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The face, paint app and intricate base are all this has going for it compared to F4F's and that's not saying other folks having their own issues with F4F's in general. They can be sloppy too but not this sloppy. I actually thought for a minute they included putty to hold the wings into the base then realized my first one didn't come with anything.

I had no problem playing guinea pig a second time but I didn't expect things to be this bad. I couldn't tell if my wife was laughing at me or Alucard while I was putting it together.

I got it Saturday evening, SS's already gotten back to me with the return tags today.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #83
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
The people i mention though don't even see these flaws, bad production doesn't seem to be an issue for them because they just see "cool statue" and don't really know the flaws that are present.

It's only when you have people like Hitman/Eternalblue who are collectors and have other high quality pieces to compare it to that these flaws are brought to light.
I agree 100%.

I'm not going to go around and hammer those who got a "good" one. Most people don't even have the money or patience to dip in a second time to see if the QC was a fluke. I did it for you guys because this was a prized piece I wanted. I'll just vote down Gantaku with my wallet.

I'm sure if I was a company and sent a product upside down, spit in the box or worse, folks would have a word with me.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #84
DarkAryn
Doh!

surely what happened to eternalblue02 is a very serious fact. In my case I was helped by a modeling friend, but it is not very normal as a thing, we are not talking about a resin to paint but a statue ready, there was an obvious problem of control. I really hope that in the future Gantaku can pay serious attention, the statue remains among the favorite pieces of my collection. I am however aware that there are sculptures made with much more care around.
DarkAryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #85
WeaponX23
Doh!

Damn Eternalblue thats just horrible. So sorry you had to go through that again with an even worse version. Thank you for the feedback. Such a shame
WeaponX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #86
eternalblue02

No problem. The statue is worth every penny if you can secure a decent one but that’s the catch. Sideshow has been great throughout both returns.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:29 AM   #87
drskull
Frackin!

recieved my statue yesterday. a perfect piece, I had no issues putting parts together. the box took some beating on the way but thanks to the good packaging no breakages.

Only downside I think is the pvc parts, the wings are very brittle and the base also has some brittle pvc details. the sword bends. they should ve done a cast iron sword at least.

both f4f and gantaku statues are good, my both statues are perfect without issues. but overall gantaku is "slightly" better than the f4f counterpart imho.
drskull is offline   Reply With Quote