Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #291
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
youll love it, i was blown away when i got it all set up
Agreed! Can't wait for Scarlett to arrive! Will have 4/5 of the P1 pieces. I did not like Destro at all

House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:25 AM   #292
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Unfortunately I think I'm gonna return my Snake Eyes =(

Sideshow sent me one that had a few errors that needed to be swapped out for me to be happy, but they said that I had to send it back before they would send a replacement - thus I couldn't get a second statue and cherry pick the best pieces of the two to make one great statue. And they only offered me a replacement for that first one, which didn't leave me any options on what I could do. So I sent the first one back, got the replacement, and there are still similar errors with that second statue that I'm not comfortable having.

Now SS is offering me another replacement, a full on return, or to keep what I have and give me $60 rewards credits... =(
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #293
Mephisto44
Frackin!

I saw this one at NYCC this week. I had never seen it before. It was really high on a shelf but I was blown away by it. I don’t know if I could quite call myself a casual GI Joe fan. I have all the Marvel TPBs and the animated series box set but I splurged on a few Joe paintings a few years back that probably kicks me out of the casual fan section. Never been the biggest Snake Eyes fan but I would consider picking this one up. I’m a huge Destro fan but that statue didn’t do much for me in the photos I’ve seen...I’ll stick to my Palisades bust for Destro.
Mephisto44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:19 PM   #294
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm hoping I get a shipping notification soon. Been a minute...of course, I opted for the economy, so...

Wish I could find Storm Shadow for a decent price...would love to pair them up.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #295
craigcliff1
Zot

Got both of mine regular, EX. both are super duper awesome like SS. P1 did such great work,. I going to have to sell them like SS, with PCS having TF, P1 Robotech Battleoid that I wasn't getting until they showed Roy Folker. Bailing on most licenses and buying so few statues isn't emough to justify buying more statues, so have to sell more.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:49 PM   #296
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Got Snake Eyes in a week or two ago. Generally it's a great piece and i'm happy with him for what i paid...which was a lot less than retail...BUT

The seam on Timbers head and no switch out sheathes/sword hilts to add...take this from something that could have been a 9.5 to about a 7.5 or 8.

Adding the sword hilts and no switch out on Timber would have made this a definitive 1/4 Snake Eyes.

But otherwise yes, love the base, love the snow effect, love the pose with Timber, details on Snake Eyes are amazing...

I would have liked more gun switch outs, Uzi at the front, larger rifle at the back...

But yeah happy with him but i do feel like Prime 1 like the New 52 Flash just kind of said "yeah that'll do"

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:51 PM   #297
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Old 09-05-2020, 08:52 PM   #298
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Old 09-08-2020, 04:48 PM   #299
SONICobra
Batman

congrats on a bad ass piece! for me there will be no better snake eyes, it is just about perfect

timber is unfortunately an absolute eyesore an odd misstep for P1 as hes executed really poorly - from design to sculpt to final product. i opted to leave him off altogether and hide the key hole with the gun of a fallen enemy (or one on the run )

i agree about the sword hilts, another strange oversight but personally i think he looks better with swords in hand so its a nonissue for me

SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:42 PM   #300
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I have this on a payment plan. I can’t wait to have it in hand.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote