Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-13-2018, 04:10 AM   #21
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhil View Post
No they are doing their best. I think they are a stable company and have grounded their business strongly than last year so shipping through various shippers i hope international customers get a deduced rates like sideshow
They don't ship anywhere close to as many packages as SS and for a piece this large it would still be high. You should try to convince a India based company to carry CC stuff.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:17 AM   #22
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’m ok with most of the wrinkles, but the ones on the tail are waaaay too much. They got carried away with them there.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #23
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I didn't really feel keen on this before but now I really like it, think I'm going to have to sell my kids
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #24
Z71man14
Fantastic Four

I am sorry, but sadly, I am going to have to pass on this one. First off, It is a very impressive statue and the artists are amazing. In my wildest dreams, I could never create a statue like this. I also don’t want to offend anyone at Iron Studios because I love their work (I have 2 of their statues already). It’s just not a good pose from the display side (right). The right leg is too straight and too far back, the tail is curved and makes it look too short, the forearms look awkward, and the wrinkles around her leg / belly are too pronounced.

But, it looks great from almost every other angle, especially the front angle and the back side with the left leg up on the rock (like the rex roaring on the docks of the Lost World movie). The only problem is that at a 1/10 scale, I don’t have anything deep enough to display it at those angles. And I wanted the whole diorama which would force me to display it from the right side.

I think a lot of people are going to be really happy with this one but not me.

I am definitely going to buy the undamaged Iron Studios Jurassic Park Explorer because that thing is perfect!
Z71man14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #25
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

It looks pretty good, and is an impressive size. It is going to make a lot of people happy to own it. But I'm going to hold out for the Rotunda T-Rex.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #26
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71man14 View Post
I am sorry, but sadly, I am going to have to pass on this one. First off, It is a very impressive statue and the artists are amazing. In my wildest dreams, I could never create a statue like this. I also don’t want to offend anyone at Iron Studios because I love their work (I have 2 of their statues already). It’s just not a good pose from the display side (right). The right leg is too straight and too far back, the tail is curved and makes it look too short, the forearms look awkward, and the wrinkles around her leg / belly are too pronounced.

But, it looks great from almost every other angle, especially the front angle and the back side with the left leg up on the rock (like the rex roaring on the docks of the Lost World movie). The only problem is that at a 1/10 scale, I don’t have anything deep enough to display it at those angles. And I wanted the whole diorama which would force me to display it from the right side.

I think a lot of people are going to be really happy with this one but not me.

I am definitely going to buy the undamaged Iron Studios Jurassic Park Explorer because that thing is perfect!
I agree, it's a cool statue but for some reason the pose strikes as a bit odd, and again I think the sculpt isn't as good as the Chronicle version. But like you I will also buy the Iron Studios Jungle Exploror when it gets released.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #27
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

IS T-Rex goes up for pre-order Wednesday at 3pm CST.

Special Notice: All T-Rex pre-orders must be received by March 30th to guarantee purchase. All orders received after March 30th will be waitlisted.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #28
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Robert are you guys doing a payment plan for it?
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #29
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Can't understand the comments about the wrinkles at all..

This is the JP T-rex (there are four set pieces involving this animal in the movie, and SW's animatronics can only be seen in one of these, at night and under the rain), so a screen accurate statue needs this exact skin texture.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #30
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finder40 View Post
Robert are you guys doing a payment plan for it?
Yes we will. 3, 6, and 10 month plans.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote