Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Regular Edition PCS Akuma for my US$1450
Great Deal, Take It! 13 21.67%
Average Deal 14 23.33%
Bad Deal, wait for a cheaper one 33 55.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #11
Zangief
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I definitely agree with a lot of the points being made here, 1450 is not that big of a leap from the going value of the piece, and I wouldn't be adverse to spending the extra dough, but as T-Jam pointed out, I am just settling for the REG because its available now as opposed to the Shin, and francois pointed out, I should enjoy my complete Street Fighter Collection, but the problem is that the collection won't be complete unless I have all the EX version's as well, so when a Shin does come along I'll probably try to sell the reg but take a loss cause I'm impatient like that and then I probably won't be able to afford the Shin. El Pulento said that as long as you have the money go for it, and I do have the money, but if I buy it I will have no more discretionary income and I'll be back at square 1.

I think I'm gonna wait this one out for a Shin, thanks a bunch to everyone who voiced there opinions, they made a real impact on my decision!
Zangief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #12
francois_nor
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

anytime that's y the forum is here, so we can help u with your decisions.
francois_nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangief View Post
I definitely agree with a lot of the points being made here, 1450 is not that big of a leap from the going value of the piece, and I wouldn't be adverse to spending the extra dough, but as T-Jam pointed out, I am just settling for the REG because its available now as opposed to the Shin, and francois pointed out, I should enjoy my complete Street Fighter Collection, but the problem is that the collection won't be complete unless I have all the EX version's as well, so when a Shin does come along I'll probably try to sell the reg but take a loss cause I'm impatient like that and then I probably won't be able to afford the Shin. El Pulento said that as long as you have the money go for it, and I do have the money, but if I buy it I will have no more discretionary income and I'll be back at square 1.

I think I'm gonna wait this one out for a Shin, thanks a bunch to everyone who voiced there opinions, they made a real impact on my decision!
No one should settle for crap,but settling for Akuma is not really settling,the piece is fantastic,and a lot of people prefer Akuma to Shin,and lets not forget Shin will set you back another 1k on top of what you would be paying for this Akuma.I tell you from experience both pieces are a MUST if you are collecting the SF line,and like most i do like Shin Akuma more,but that's because i use to choose Shin Akuma in SNK vs Capcom 2,and fell in love with the character and his 33 hit ultra combos.You cant lose with either choice,both statues are SICK.Good luck with your decision
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #14
Zangief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
No one should settle for crap,but settling for Akuma is not really settling,the piece is fantastic,and a lot of people prefer Akuma to Shin,and lets not forget Shin will set you back another 1k on top of what you would be paying for this Akuma.I tell you from experience both pieces are a MUST if you are collecting the SF line,and like most i do like Shin Akuma more,but that's because i use to choose Shin Akuma in SNK vs Capcom 2,and fell in love with the character and his 33 hit ultra combos.You cant lose with either choice,both statues are SICK.Good luck with your decision
I am not taking anything away from the magic that is either the original akuma or shin, but I would be settling not because I think the reg is worse, but because up until now I only collected the EX's, and then having one reg amidst all my other ex's just wouldn't fit. To me, complete is having one of each sculpt, I am not looking for other versions or having one ex and one reg of each cause I just don't have the room, and I might as well continue with my current trend.
Being a completist means something different to everybody, look at akumalove! She has 2 shins, a reg, pretty sure a couple AP', and she is still looking for a Reg AP of AKuma.
I do think that Akuma is the second best of the line though, which makes him that much harder to pass up
Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #15
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Ya i hear what your sayin,i guess then i wish you good luck on your Shin Akuma hunt,i know that hunt very very well,and for Canadians i know it can more of a challenge.But its good to see another Canadian trying to bring another Shin Akuma up north,god knows there arent many here in Vancouver
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #16
Rquiem
Birdman

Quote:

Hey, were all here to help each other out!!
Just don't hold out on the pics when you get him eventually .
Rquiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
Zangief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rquiem View Post
Hey, were all here to help each other out!!
Just don't hold out on the pics when you get him eventually .
Usually don't post pics of my new acquisitions (I know I should) but if/when I get a shin, oh yea, you guys will know!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #18
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Hello fellow collectors, I have a question to ask you:
Is a Reg Akuma worth $1450 US dollars?
DON’T BUY IT, but please give me the contact information of the seller… lol

Quote:
…, and it would complete my SF collection so far, …
Do you have them all???
I’m still missing Turbo Edition Guile, SS Vega EX and Mecha Zangief (working on this one).
EDIT: just saw that you're collecting the EX's only.

Quote:
Being a completist means something different to everybody, look at akumalove! She has 2 shins, a reg, pretty sure a couple AP', and she is still looking for a Reg AP of AKuma.
I know who has one, but he does not want to let him go

Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #19
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Waiting till my Shin and Reg Akuma are worth enough to put a down payment on a house!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #20
Zangief

I can give you his info if you'd like, but I didn't know the guy, he was a random off of eBay, plus he is a little shady which aided in my decision process, at first he said he wanted $1400 which I agreed to and then he said someone else wanted it and jacked the price up to 1450, which I am 99% sure he made up cause he figured he could get more money out of me.

Yea, I did say complete but complete to me is just having one of each sculpt, and since they are only EX's decided to wait for a Shin, I have:

Evil Ryu
Cammy EX
Vega EX
Green Vega PCS EX
Ken EX
Zangief REG
Zangief EX
Guile EX

Where do you find all your APs???
Its hard enough finding just reg's and ex's! ou must have some serious patience.