Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
D-Master
Frackin!

Castlevania oldschool

Hi guys, is there any love for an GREAT looking Simon Belmont statue. I was playing the SNES version last weekend "Super Castlevania 4". Epic character, Epic music, Epic gameplay. They don't make em like this anymore. BEST vania Konami ever made. ( most of those guys started Treasure ) Just think of it......Jerry my man, would it not be awesome? We need the vampire killer and his whip!
A Castlevania license would be so cool......think of all the great stuff you can make. You guys take it easy.......and Jerry keep up the good work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Simon-belmont.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	73667  
D-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

hey this ain't a bad idea, it was a cool game , would like one see made..
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Super Castlevania 4 on the SNES was my absolute favorite as well. I enjoyed the one on the PS1 as well, but something about the SNES one has that magic to it. It wasn't overly long and it could be played over and over again. The music was slammin' and it had the right amount of challenge to it. Awesome game.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Jack's Username
Nightwing

I'd be all over a wicked Belmont statue along with any and all of the bosses from the original.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Simon's the most iconic of the Belmont clan but Richter is the only one I'd personally want a statue of. A Castlevania statue line is a great idea, though.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The only reason that Super Castlevania 4 isn't the best Castlevania is because it's too easy. I made a good list of the best Castlevania's a while back. I think it was something like this:

1. Dracula X (PC Engine)
2. Castlevania III
3. Super Castlevania 4
4. Nocturne of the Moonlight
5. Castlevania
6. Simon's Quest

But we do need a good Simon Belmont statue. Shanoa from Order of Ecclesia is a good character design too. I have the game sitting here still not played but I will soon now that Nintendo has finally released an acceptable system with the 3DS XL. Hopefully they will release the clear prototype version for the holidays. Although, I still need to mod a clear DS Lite...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
The only reason that Super Castlevania 4 isn't the best Castlevania is because it's too easy. I made a good list of the best Castlevania's a while back. I think it was something like this:

1. Dracula X (PC Engine)
2. Castlevania III
3. Super Castlevania 4
4. Nocturne of the Moonlight
5. Castlevania
6. Simon's Quest

But we do need a good Simon Belmont statue. Shanoa from Order of Ecclesia is a good character design too. I have the game sitting here still not played but I will soon now that Nintendo has finally released an acceptable system with the 3DS XL. Hopefully they will release this clear prototype version for the holidays. Although, I still need to mod a clear DS Lite...
Agreed. Shanoa is 100% pure awesomeness.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
D-Master
Frackin!

Well, I sure like the way this is going. You guys seem to know you classics. Shanoa is some great character design, no doubt about that. But come on, SC4 had everything we could ever wish for. For starters, a road to the castle....instead of starting in one. Plus, the amazing soundtrack by master Taro Kudou ( same guy who did Axelay ) another hardcore Konami title. Don't get me wrong, i really like the so called Metroidvania titles such as SOTN. I have to say, Ayami Kojima's artwork is stunning and begs for a statue. What do you guys think of the stuff done by MercurySteam......
D-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Master View Post
Well, I sure like the way this is going. You guys seem to know you classics. Shanoa is some great character design, no doubt about that. But come on, SC4 had everything we could ever wish for. For starters, a road to the castle....instead of starting in one. Plus, the amazing soundtrack by master Taro Kudou ( same guy who did Axelay ) another hardcore Konami title. Don't get me wrong, i really like the so called Metroidvania titles such as SOTN. I have to say, Ayami Kojima's artwork is stunning and begs for a statue. What do you guys think of the stuff done by MercurySteam......
Axelay is still the best shooter ever.

But with Castlevania, you don't start in the castle in Dracula X or Castlevania III. I think I might have Nocturne in the Moonlight and the original NES Castlevania tied. I can't remember. I thought that Nocturne was too easy as well. But the music and settings are beautiful. But the Metroidvania titles are far too hyped. In many ways they along with bad leadership are/were killing Castlevania. Those games on my list are the golden age of Castlevania. They all continued to push the series. I still haven't played the last 3 DS titles which are sitting here.

As for the Mercury Steam title. I've heard good and bad things. I said it in the Castlevania thread here. But Castlevania used to be the leader in platform type adventure games. When I saw the new title basically rip off God of War, I wasn't interested in it at all. I mean Devil May Cry was the modern Castlevania and God of War ripped off Devil May Cry. Konami was ripping off the lesser game. I spoiled the twist as well. However, the game looks nice and I will play it eventually but Konami shouldn't be farming out what should be one of their best series. It goes back to the hype of the Metroidvanias basically allowing a top series and the better games to be relegated to a portable system for a long period of time and poor leadership. Also, those PS2 Castlevanias were bad from the design stage.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #10
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I love Castlevania but not sure if I'd ever buy a statue. I love the games for their music and pixel art (amongst other reasons) and neither of those qualities can be captured in a statue.

If anything, I'd actually prefer some of the monsters as I find them more iconic. Axe armour is the first that springs to mind.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote