Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

How many Systems have you had die, and which one was it?

So I was thinking about this question this morning..I have had basically Every system out since the Atari 2600..the Atari Jaguar, Neo Geo and the Sega 32X "add on" where the only system's I did not own...Wanted the Neo Geo but it was $700 bucks and $150 a game...way too much in the early 90's.
Anyway to get back on track, this past Week my 2 month old Xbox one X crapped out. And I was thinking I have had a lot of systems and The 360 and the Xbox One are the only systems that have given me issues with them dying...last console that died numerous times was my original NES ..went through 4 of them easy.
Luckily none of my PlayStations have ever died. Did have one of my PS3 AV outputs go out...as luck would have HDMI was a new option at the time and the PS3 had that option added as well.. which saved it..(was originally made for the old RYB audio and video cables)

So I have been through 3 Xbox 360's and 2 Xbox ones now.

Which systems have you had brick out on you and how many times...hopefully not a lot.

Still love my Xbox but it is one thing MS has to start taking care of, can't believe it's still an issue.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:19 PM   #2
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
So I was thinking about this question this morning..I have had basically Every system out since the Atari 2600..the Atari Jaguar, Neo Geo and the Sega 32X "add on" where the only system's I did not own...Wanted the Neo Geo but it was $700 bucks and $150 a game...way too much in the early 90's.
Anyway to get back on track, this past Week my 2 month old Xbox one X crapped out. And I was thinking I have had a lot of systems and The 360 and the Xbox One are the only systems that have given me issues with them dying...last console that died numerous times was my original NES ..went through 4 of them easy.
Luckily none of my PlayStations have ever died. Did have one of my PS3 AV outputs go out...as luck would have HDMI was a new option at the time and the PS3 had that option added as well.. which saved it..(was originally made for the old RYB audio and video cables)

So I have been through 3 Xbox 360's and 2 Xbox ones now.

Which systems have you had brick out on you and how many times...hopefully not a lot.

Still love my Xbox but it is one thing MS has to start taking care of, can't believe it's still an issue.
You've had about 10 viewers to this post and no one responded?..Hmmm.. Anyways....

I don't think I had any die out on me, and I've had the NES, Atari, Sega master system, SEGA Genesis, Playstation, Commodore amiga and the trusty computer. I never own the xbox. As of today, I only use my computer to play any of my games. Which I need to upgrade.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #3
off
The X-Men

360, had the red ring of death. Had NES as a kid, used it until it fell apart but it lasted years and years.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #4
Mister H
Green Goblin

Just my 360. I didn’t buy one for 2 years after they came out so I missed all the ones with issues. Had it for years until it finally died on me.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:22 AM   #5
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Only a PS1 after my apt was flooded.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:23 AM   #6
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Speaking of I have never owned or played an X Box of any version. But I have owned ever Sega, and Playstation. I stopped buying nitendo when they went to that stupid Wii. But I do have all the Nintendo hand helds.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:06 AM   #7
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I had a 360 which got the red ring of death and Microsoft replaced that within a week, otherwise all of my other consoles dating back to my Megadrive have all been either sold on or given away when I was done with them.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #8
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

So far the only console I have ever had any issues with was my PS3. It bricked up on me after I had it about 3 years.

Other systems I have owned with zero issues so far.

Sears Tele-Games (Atari 2600 clone)
ColecoVision
Atari 600XL
Sega Genesis
Sega Dreamscape
PS1
PS2
Nintendo Wii
Xbox - Original
Xbox 360
Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox One
Xbox One X
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #9
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Nes, Genesis, Snes, Ps1, N64, Ps2, Dreamcast, Ps2, GameCube, PS4......worked perfect and still have them.

PS3 alpha model started overheating, then pooped out. Replaced it with the slim version.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #10
ukshaun
Hercules

I own/have owned the following consoles:

Nintendo Game Boy Advance (sold)
Nintendo Snes (sold)

Sega Dreamcast (sold)
Sega Megadrive + 32X add-on (sold)
Sega Saturn (Jap model)

Sony Playstation (sold)
Sony Playstation 2 (both original and slim model)
Sony Playstation 3 (slim)
Sony Playstation 4 (glacier white)

The only console to break down was the Playstation 3. It was the original shape, and it over heated (yellow light). I replaced it with the 2nd shape, Slim as it is known. That machine has been fault free, so far atleast
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote