Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

So Arahom Couldn't Take The Heat...

This section was originally created for Arahom because he had interacted with members of the forum regularly and members of the forum seemed to like him (many members donated to a fund started by Lou after Arahom's tragic losses due to a fire). We didn't see any problem giving him a little more exposure and figured it would be nice to try and give his up and coming company a little help.

I'll admit, I don't follow this section too much. Like most folks, I read through what strikes my fancy, not everything in every section. That being said, I DID read Arahom's thread about not interacting with the members anymore (which, based on some of his responses, is probably a good idea). Some people can take criticism and some can't, and it's usually what separates a good business man from a, well, not good one. This is not to be confused with talent as a sculptor or creative inspiration and ideas, merely how to conduct oneself in the public eye and how to generate support for your person, product and company as a whole.

To make a long story short, this section is going to be dissolved shortly. All of the threads will be moved to the General Statue & Collectible section for further discussion, and obviously feel free to create new threads on ARH products you wish to discuss.

-Drew
Old 08-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
Rocket
Art of Mod

Chiming in as a Mod here, to say I, like other Mods agreed with the decision to disolve the ARH section.

Drew rightfully points out the amazing gesture by Lou to take up a collection for Arahom when he tragically lost his dog and much of his home\studio to fire. Not to mention the SF community contributing to that collection fund.

Also our own Elaine Perna offered sketch cards at the time with all proceeds going to Arahom, of which I and others chipped in on.

Arahom was given a second chance some time ago here at SF after some pretty big accusations were made against his business practices and he has seen some great success here since then, but if he feels that all the good he has received here over the years, isn't worth the small amount of bad that has come with it, then it's time for a mutual separation.

Good luck to both Arahom and ARH in all their future endeavors.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

That's an eye opener! I never even knew of this history. GL to ARH and GL to mods! Cya ARH section, and everybody have a great weekend!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Disappointed in this outcome but thank you for the info.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
VS1976

Why put him in the general area? Leave it the way it should be! His company is growing and products are top standards. That's why SSC are distributing there products. Shouldn't that say something? I don't see Gentle Giant, Bowen or other Smaller companies interact here and they have there sub-forum.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #6
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post
I've given a lot of thought about this, and I think it is time for me to avoid some unnecessary stresses, so I decided not to interact with people through public forums anymore. I appreciate and thank the Statue Forum for the section we have here, and I’m sure our section here will be kept updated if SF decides to keep it.

Interacting with fans and buyers is a pleasure for me, but it seems there is a new trend around the forums in attacking producers for no apparent reasons, and I just don’t feel confortable with this. I’m very short tempered, and I just don’t deal easily with this, so I rather stay away.

We will create a news section on ARH website to keep everyone updated on the latest news, and also a forum, so you can keep interacting with me over there if you feel like it, but definitely under a different set of rules.

I have nothing personal against anyone here, and I’m really grateful to SF for our section. I just think it’s time to take care of ARH Studios under a different perspective.

I’ll still answer valid question if necessary on this thread, but this will be it.

I will also gladly answer any member, fan or buyer personally through my email: info@arhstatues.com

thanks,
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.
I agree with the decision to disband this section in lieu of your recent movement to not participate in the interaction on this forum in your own company's thread.
In all fairness this particular forum has other producers who suffer far worse slings and arrows and yet have the fortitude to continue carrying on the dialogue with their patrons. If you felt we were not moderating any comments which might be considered inflammatory, I personally was not made aware of any of your grievances by you or any other mod here. At any rate, you will find it more productive in life if you set your goals of becoming a serious producer in front of your temperament. Using people who criticize
your work as an excuse to remove yourself from your responsibility as a spokesman and representative for your business, shows a lack of character.

Last edited by armitage; 08-14-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #7
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I agree with the decision to disband this section in lieu of your recent movement to not participate in the interaction on this forum in your own company's thread.
In all fairness this particular forum has other producers who suffer far worse slings and arrows and yet have the fortitude to continue carrying on the dialogue with their patrons. If you felt we were not moderating any comments which might be considered inflammatory, I personally was not made aware of any of your grievances by you or any other mod here.
At any rate, you will find it more productive in life if you set your goals of becoming a serious producer in front of your temperament. Using people who criticize
your work as an excuse to remove yourself from your responsibility as a spokesman and representative for your business, shows a lack of character.
I could not have said this better!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #8
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Why put him in the general area? Leave it the way it should be! His company is growing and products are top standards. That's why SSC are distributing there products. Shouldn't that say something? I don't see Gentle Giant, Bowen or other Smaller companies interact here and they have there sub-forum.
Man, I can't believe YOU of all people are going to start trying to tell us how this forum "should" be. You really want to start down this path again?

SSC distributes anything they can because they make money from it. They also know that ARH's products do not compete with their own so they're not going to lose sales as a result of carrying the product. Hey, SSC is a good business!!

Bowen Designs started this hobby and has a lot of fans. How on earth to they NOT deserve their own section?

Gentle Giant? They contacted the moderators before SDCC and asked who would like a tour of their booth. Seems like they play nice with their fans.

ARH? In the grand scheme of things, they're not even peanuts, they're peanut shells. And their owner just came onto this forum, said he want's nothing to do with it, anyone who hasn't purchased his product should shut up, and he's going to start his OWN forum where he can control what he wants to hear (I've seen this before, now who did that....).

Yeah, I'd say these threads are going EXACTLY where they should go...
Old 08-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #9
iceprince_x
Deadman

I still hope for the best for you and your company ARH. You are one of the first to comment and give me advice when I started sculpting and it really motivated me to practice each time I work - thank you.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #10
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Man, I can't believe YOU of all people are going to start trying to tell us how this forum "should" be. You really want to start down this path again?

SSC distributes anything they can because they make money from it. They also know that ARH's products do not compete with their own so they're not going to lose sales as a result of carrying the product. Hey, SSC is a good business!!

Bowen Designs started this hobby and has a lot of fans. How on earth to they NOT deserve their own section?

Gentle Giant? They contacted the moderators before SDCC and asked who would like a tour of their booth. Seems like they play nice with their fans.

ARH? In the grand scheme of things, they're not even peanuts, they're peanut shells. And their owner just came onto this forum, said he want's nothing to do with it, anyone who hasn't purchased his product should shut up, and he's going to start his OWN forum where he can control what he wants to hear (I've seen this before, now who did that....).

Yeah, I'd say these threads are going EXACTLY where they should go...
That's not what I meant Drew. I just thought it would be easier to find things by having them in sub-forum or categories. Now that it is getting dissolve, it would be a pain to look for stuff. Look at SSF, everything is a pain to search for things there.......

......good luck (not that u need it) Arahom & ARH.....

.......personally I know you guys are heading the right place and that's straight to the top. Your products are the best I've seen by any company.

~ Jason
Closed Thread