Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #581
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I still can't believe the lengths XM went to so their customers can have different portraits on this piece without seams. You'll NEVER see this type of effort from Sideshow. Not ever.
I’m not a Spidey guy, but that 3 torso thing is an awesome move on XM’s part.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:09 AM   #582
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I'm struggling to see how this is a problem. You'd rather have a seam than having better, additional components? It's like saying it's too good!
LOL! other companies were able to make Spider-Man statues with minimally visible seams so yes I’d prefer that. Plus I’ve got > 60 total pieces (1/4 and 1/3 scale), and all the various switch outs begin to take up a whole lotta space. Storing Two 1/4 scale torsos that only change the portraits (and not the pose, Like on the Mark VII) isn’t an attractive option for everyone
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #583
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

It is odd that they couldn't just have the head seam follow the web line pattern. I have two Sideshow Spider-Man statues that don't do that, either - the seam is meant to be a line in the costume, but it's the only "straight" line in the costume. It looks like the latest Sideshow PF's seam follows the staggered line design of the rest of the costume.... that could just be for the proto, too. I don't know if there is some production challenge that has them wanting to try and avoid having a piece without a clean line at the connection point.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #584
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
LOL! other companies were able to make Spider-Man statues with minimally visible seams so yes I’d prefer that. Plus I’ve got > 60 total pieces (1/4 and 1/3 scale), and all the various switch outs begin to take up a whole lotta space. Storing Two 1/4 scale torsos that only change the portraits (and not the pose, Like on the Mark VII) isn’t an attractive option for everyone
Can't say I feel sorry for you. lol
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #585
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
It’s very cool they included 3 torsos, but honestly this is a storage headache. I’d rather have a slight seam than have to deal with finding room to store 2 extra 1/4 scale torsos just to display a couple of extra portraits. IMO it’s massive overkill.
You want to talk about storage problem. Storm has a ton of swap-outs including a cape!

But seriously, I came up with a plan. I bought styrofoam/egg crates off Amazon. Got some Rubbermaid containers, about the size of shoe boxes, and a storage ottoman. I wrapped the portraits, hands, cape in tissue paper then place them on the egg crate cut to size for the container. Snap the lid on, label the container “XM Storm” and set it in my ottoman. Bam. Easy access and don’t have to take up cabinet space or dig out boxes. Oh I also toss is a desiccant packet or two into each container.

I also will do this for SS Storm, XM Phoenix, and any other statue with swap-outs. Once the ottoman is full I will use my closet.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #586
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Can't say I feel sorry for you. lol
I spent a ton of time planning out my display room for the statues but did not anticipate how much space the switch outs would ultimately require

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You want to talk about storage problem. Storm has a ton of swap-outs including a cape!

But seriously, I came up with a plan. I bought styrofoam/egg crates off Amazon. Got some Rubbermaid containers, about the size of shoe boxes, and a storage ottoman. I wrapped the portraits, hands, cape in tissue paper then place them on the egg crate cut to size for the container. Snap the lid on, label the container “XM Storm” and set it in my ottoman. Bam. Easy access and don’t have to take up cabinet space or dig out boxes. Oh I also toss is a desiccant packet or two into each container.

I also will do this for SS Storm, XM Phoenix, and any other statue with swap-outs. Once the ottoman is full I will use my closet.
This is a cool idea, may look into it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #587
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
It is odd that they couldn't just have the head seam follow the web line pattern. I have two Sideshow Spider-Man statues that don't do that, either - the seam is meant to be a line in the costume, but it's the only "straight" line in the costume. It looks like the latest Sideshow PF's seam follows the staggered line design of the rest of the costume.... that could just be for the proto, too. I don't know if there is some production challenge that has them wanting to try and avoid having a piece without a clean line at the connection point.
Yes this would've made a lot more sense to me as well, but it is what it is. I still think XM's solution is overkill but it Sounds like folks getting this are happy with the 3 torso option
Old 07-15-2019, 02:31 PM   #588
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
I spent a ton of time planning out my display room for the statues but did not anticipate how much space the switch outs would ultimately require
Boxes; the collectors' bane. I'm shocked yet deeply admire the people who can get rid of their boxes.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:51 PM   #589
GaryTonge
Kingpin

XM Spidey set to be released later this year! Woo hoo! really excited. This'll be the crowning jewel to my Spidey collection!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	76705206_2496406753809444_5265877234882707456_n.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	126897  
Old 11-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #590
PacMan3000
The Spirit

Just curious--but how do you know it's being released before the end of 2019, as it just says "shipping soon?"

Also, is this an email newsletter you signed up for?
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote