Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-26-2013, 03:01 AM   #15031
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Byzantium 7/10. Quite liked this slow burning vampire tale.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #15032
ratchet
Mandarin

Planes - 6/10

Took my daughter to the movies this weekend - she loved it - but she's 4 - it was not torture to watch but it's missing Pixar's heart
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #15033
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
With this endorsement, I'll check it out
Actually, as flawless/powerful a movie as Oblivion is, I'm going to give it a 10/10.

Musical score's awesome, set design, props, vehicles, acting, plot, atmosphere.. equally so;... yeah it's a 10.

Giving a movie a 9 is a big deal to me, but this one deserves the extra point. Each of the individual above-mentioned parts are so strong, that when put together it's a modern sci-fi masterpiece.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #15034
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Planes - 6/10

Took my daughter to the movies this weekend - she loved it - but she's 4 - it was not torture to watch but it's missing Pixar's heart
I never watched either Cars movie (and I'm a HUGE Pixar fan, two of the animators live locally, even), but I'd watch Planes because some of the talking cars appear to be in it. Ha..

Brilliant on Pixar's part to include them, thus expanding that universe.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #15035
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
I never watched either Cars movie (and I'm a HUGE Pixar fan, two of the animators live locally, even), but I'd watch Planes because some of the talking cars appear to be in it. Ha..

Brilliant on Pixar's part to include them, thus expanding that universe.
It's not a Pixar movie - it's a Disney movie. And I know that Disney owns Pixar but there is a huge difference when Pixar puts out a movie and when Disney does it.

When Disney bought Pixar the deal was that Pixar will put out 1 movie a year... nd they did - Monster's University - Planes was planned as a video release by Disney but it was decided to release it in the theaters when Disney didn't have anything else on the schedule for the summer. You'll notice it doesn't just say "Planes" it says "Disney's Planes". Pixar movies don't have that title.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #15036
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
It's not a Pixar movie - it's a Disney movie. And I know that Disney owns Pixar but there is a huge difference when Pixar puts out a movie and when Disney does it.
I naturally assumed Planes is by Pixar, as both Cars films are; Planes isn't?

That would explain why "Pixar" released two films this year (ie, they didn't), Monsters (Inc) University being the other... didn't see that one either. lol Reading your post in its entirety just now, I see you address this. My bad.

Saw the first one, enjoyed it, but that and the Toy Story films (which are excellent) are the only Pixars I don't own on BD.

Thanks for the head's-up, Ryan.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #15037
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
I naturally assumed Planes is by Pixar, as both Cars films are; Planes isn't?

That would explain why "Pixar" released two films this year (ie, they didn't), Monsters (Inc) University being the other... didn't see that one either. lol Reading your post in its entirety just now, I see you address this. My bad.

Saw the first one, enjoyed it, but that and the Toy Story films (which are excellent) are the only Pixars I don't own on BD.

Thanks for the head's-up, Ryan.
What's even more confusing is that Disney owns all the characters that Pixar creates - so they can release movies with them in it...
Old 08-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #15038
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm just gonna add that the extras on the BD are awesome, as well.. the "Making of" portion is in-depth, and I haven't even touched the Commentary yet.

If there was an "Art of Oblivion" book (is there?), I'd buy it. Need to start reacquiring those, anyways.

Quote:
Actually, as flawless/powerful a movie as Oblivion is, I'm going to give it a 10/10.

Musical score's awesome, set design, props, vehicles, acting, plot, atmosphere.. equally so;... yeah it's a 10.

Giving a movie a 9 is a big deal to me, but this one deserves the extra point. Each of the individual above-mentioned parts are so strong, that when put together it's a modern sci-fi masterpiece.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #15039
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
What's even more confusing is that Disney owns all the characters that Pixar creates - so they can release movies with them in it...
Disney IS Buy 'n Large (from Wall-E). Has their fingers in everything.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #15040
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:

I agree with everything said here.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote