Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 08-31-2015, 07:33 PM   #1071
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Both look amazing Luminous!!

Making me totally reconsider picking up that Stout GotG variant and that Ansin MoS is the t!ts!! Smart framing choice floating that with a metal frame to compliment the metal print. Both are the best frame-ups I've seen for those prints so far. I'm impressed, excellent job!

RE: museum glass... I'd have to agree with you. As we've discussed already dark prints really benefit from museum glass and I think it would make a big difference on your MoS, especially if you're hanging it in a room with a lot of natural light causing reflections.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:53 PM   #1072
Luminous
Cyclops

Thanks everyone. I spent a lot of time researching the best way to frame these (not to mention all of the trial and error with painting) and it seems to have paid off. Really glad the paint worked out.

Museum glass is no joke. Like I've discussed with Hellboy, I don't think all prints need it but there are definitely instances when a print will benefit from it greatly. The detail on the Stout GotG was a little difficult to appreciate on conservation clear glass due to the heavy use of greys and the cream stock paper. Not only did the museum clear all of that right up it helped make the metallics much easier to appreciate it:

With the right light and angle I can see that sort of detail from several feet away. (not the best pic though)

If there is one downside to museum glass is that it gives any light hitting the glass a reflective pinkish hue. This isn't really a big deal since the glass itself reduces almost all potential glare, but it bears mentioning.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:57 PM   #1073
BurningRage
Inhumans

Alex Ross Wolverine giclee on canvas
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:49 PM   #1074
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Framed using Spotlight Displays!
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #1075
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Great frame-ups guys!!
pavehawk78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #1076
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post

Framed using Spotlight Displays!
Damn that was quick! Looks great!!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 PM   #1077
FROBAY
Phoenix

Nice!!
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:45 AM   #1078
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Really wanted a bright red bottom mat with a matching core. Couldn't find anything like that so I hand painted the bevel myself.

This is also my first time using museum glass.... I may have opened Pandora's box....

Guardians of the Galaxy (Variant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Finally got this one framed. Since it's metal and it's Superman it was an easy decision to float mount it.

While I do love it I may have to upgrade to museum glass.

Man of Steel (Metal)

Wow, those look amazing. Especially that MoS one. I kind of get the impression from your wording you do these yourself? If that's an obvious or well known thing, I apologize. None the less, if you did, how long did it take you to get good at it?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #1079
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Wow, those look amazing. Especially that MoS one. I kind of get the impression from your wording you do these yourself? If that's an obvious or well known thing, I apologize. None the less, if you did, how long did it take you to get good at it?
Thanks, Thor. No, I don't do these myself. The only thing I did was paint the red bevel on the red mat for GotG. I have a pretty good relationship with my framer and since he doesn't have the experience in painting bevels I did it myself. I did the research on painting mats, picked up all the supplies needed, did some practice runs and he let me use his shop one morning for the final project. Joining the frames, cutting the glass and the mats are all him.

At this point I do think I could do the framing myself but I don't have the space or the energy to start tackling DIY framing right now.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:22 PM   #1080
RELStuart
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I love that MOS print. Both of the GoTG and MOS are very nice frame ups. Thanks for sharing!
RELStuart is offline   Reply With Quote