Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 05-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #21
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Wow
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:32 PM   #22
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #23
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
By the way, for the other members of this forum that actually have a serious interest in the topic of various storage solutions for prints, I am planning on doing a very thorough photo shoot that will clearly demonstrate the significant differences between the portfolio's in question. I will take pictures of Itoya's Art Profolio line, Itoya's Profolio Professional line, Prat's Start 3 and 4 line, and will even take some pictures of some alternate methods like Light impressions storage boxes and clam shell boxes and might even do a couple of my favorites, like Lost Luggage's Ice Nine portfolios, for people that collect prints smaller than 18x24, since they don't make the Ice Nine in larger sizes.

Since the pages are really the most important aspect of portfolios, I will start with the pages. I will backlight the empty pages, to show the overall clarity of just the polypropylene pages themselves. I will then take pictures with the same exact print in each of the different pages, so people can see for themselves the significant difference in visual quality that these different pages offer. If people have any specific requests, by all means shoot them my way and I would be more than happy to see what I can do.

And I do apologize to the members of the forum for this unfortunate back and forth between biglebowski9999 and myself. My main goal in these print threads has always been to help fellow print collectors by providing the best advice I can give and I apologize if I have offended any people in here that actively use and like the Itoya Art Profolio line of portfolios. I was simply being honest and open about my overall opinion of that line of portfolios. My intention was never to belittle or offend people that actively use those portfolios.

All in all I have been a professional photographer for roughly 18 years and have been a serious print collector for roughly 19-20 years. As I have stated before, I have used/tested just about every model portfolio that has come to market the last 15+ years. In fact, I just got done testing out the new 18x24 Premium Line by Prat. It had beautiful pages and a beautiful ring system, but I didn't care for the ribbed cover so I sent it back. Anyways, at the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own subjective opinions and everyone is entitled to buy whatever portfolio they see fit to buy. In other words, what people choose to do with the information I provide on these forums is entirely up to them. At the end of the day, I am simply trying to help people make more informed decisions on the methods they use to store their prints.

It is a thread about sideshow prints, which means topics such a storage/framing of said prints is a perfectly viable topic for such a thread.
Bring it on man I look forward to learning something and getting the best I can.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #24
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

im looking forward to the pics.

i agree that the regular itoya art profolio has a cheaper feel to it. but the advantage line is much better.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #25
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I kinda feel like Charlie Brown; "I got a rock...".

All I have is an archival storage box and some mylar sleeves. Nothing for display or viewing yet.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:08 PM   #26
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
im looking forward to the pics.

i agree that the regular itoya art profolio has a cheaper feel to it. but the advantage line is much better.
Agreed, the Advantage line is significantly better as the Advantage line uses the Polyglass pages that I am such a big fan of. It still has the hard polypropylene cover, which in my opinion just aren't as comfortable or enjoyable to look through, but it is still a big step up from the the Art Profolio line just based on the pages alone.

And in regards to the pictures I said I was planning on taking of the various portfolios and storage solutions, this is not something I am going to be able to do in very short order as I am just now entering the busiest time of year for my business. I only work from mid-April to mid-September and then have the rest of the year off. Its really nice having that much time off, but there is a heavy price to pay for such a schedule. 70+ hour weeks are very common this time of year and it only gets worse as my shooting season progresses. By the time August comes around, 80-90 hour weeks are fairly common. So this project is going to have to be something that I work on a little bit at a time. I will keep this thread updated on my overall progress.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:08 PM   #27
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

sounds good. looking forward to it. i think it would be a helpful post not just for print collectors but original art collectors as well.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote