Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #761
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Its one of my favorites as well. Definitely one of the top 10 statues they have done in Marvel characters
Top 3 xm marvel imo.1 mags 2.storm 3.gwen
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:08 PM   #762
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Lizard, Electro, vulture, scorpion , Carnage, venom, doc ock to name a few blow that storm statue out of water. I don’t care if I ruffle a few x collectors feathers. It’s not that great of a piece. Dark Phoenix is amazing Storm is a hot dog filler compared to x statues coming . All those spider statues are gorgeous and Storm can fly away in her air circle. Whooosssshh!
Storm looks stunning, are you sure your looking at the right statue. Personally i even think storm looks better than dp.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:40 PM   #763
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

This is why I don’t bother chiming on any x threads. She is def not one of the best ( it’s all personal anyways ).

Ghost rider
Magneto throne
Hulk buster
Venom
Black panther
Weapon x
Samurai Batman
Poison ivy
Transformers ( all of them )

She’s not in that league . I’m sorry
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:51 PM   #764
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Whats wrong with chiming in on x threads, you have it right when u say "its all personal anyways".
Old 04-18-2018, 02:16 AM   #765
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Storm looks stunning, are you sure your looking at the right statue. Personally i even think storm looks better than dp.
I’m getting both and I think Dark Phoenix is better. I actually think DP is one of the best statues XM has ever done!

Quote:
This is why I don’t bother chiming on any x threads. She is def not one of the best ( it’s all personal anyways ).

Ghost rider
Magneto throne
Hulk buster
Venom
Black panther
Weapon x
Samurai Batman
Poison ivy
Transformers ( all of them )

She’s not in that league . I’m sorry
I would say tier 1 would be Magneto, Ghost rider, Cable, Hulkbuster, Weapon X, Samurai Batman and soon to be Dark Phoenix. Tier 2 I would put Venom (close to Tier 1 but the other statues just have more details and are more impressive) Storm, Black Panther, Electro, Poison Ivy, Namor, Iron Fist, etc. I’m leaving out some because there are a lot of good statues on the horizon but haven’t been released yet. I don’t collect or really know anything about transformers but they do look amazing
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:47 AM   #766
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Everyone has their favorites i won’t turn this into a bash Storm thread. No need that’s what XM Kraven is for lmao! I could find something in everything done so far I don’t like but I’m looking at the real stand outs. I don’t collect 1/4 X men but if I did XM is one stop shopping no doubt.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:12 AM   #767
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Lizard, Electro, vulture, scorpion , Carnage, venom, doc ock to name a few blow that storm statue out of water. I don’t care if I ruffle a few x collectors feathers. It’s not that great of a piece. Dark Phoenix is amazing Storm is a hot dog filler compared to x statues coming . All those spider statues are gorgeous and Storm can fly away in her air circle. Whooosssshh!
I don't know what you're talking about with this insane statement. Where is there a better Jim Lee version of Storm than this?! Because there isn't. Anywhere.

And if you're talking about female pieces none of us have seen, I'm still calling bullsh!t that this Storm piece isn't in the top 5 after all the X-ladies are revealed. Right now, I'm not even sure I would put Dark Phoenix above Storm. In hand pics will determine that for me (and yes, I bought both).

I may be a diehard X-Man fan, but I can appreciate the beauty of some of the Spider-Man rogues. Electro and Lizard are two of my favorite pieces by XM. They are on the same level as Storm. HOWEVER they are not on the same popularity level as Storm, hence me questioning if Storm will reach (or exceed) the 999.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:14 AM   #768
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

She won't exceed. That's a guarantee since they've started Marvel is still maxed out at 999.

I'm guessing she'll land in the 500-750 range.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #769
Y3E
Gen 13

Storm is a popular character, more popular than any of Spiderman's rogue gallery villains, maybe except for Venom. There is a reason why ES are low in those pieces (let the sh!tstorm come ).

I'm a fan of the X-men, well, the 80s X-men, but Storm ranks at the bottom of popularity for me and I really don't like head up poses, but in this statue, I see it captures the character very well, especially, the laughing portrait. Very dynamic and great intensity.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:39 AM   #770
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I can get why some people don't like Storm. I'm not really sure how that happens, but I can kinda see it

What I don't get is Rogue's huge popularity. Out of the gate people were gaga for her and now she's almost viewed as the flagship X-Men female. It's taken me quite some time to love her character, but she will never be as beloved as Storm. Love me some Ororo.

Psylocke is probably the X-lady I find the least amount of attraction to. I think her look - even as Betsy pre-body switch - is amazing! However, her personality and emotional issue escape me. X-Force helped me like her more, but not by much.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote