Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #581
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottie_Ves!!! View Post
Well it was a close one. Why dont you like watching them?
Does Talin play well?

Who are big brothers and big sisters?
I don't like watching them play due to the fact they are sloppy. Kids aren't paying attention to what is going on. Simple skills of the game, which most kids should have by 11yrs old are not present on many of the kids. A little pop up to the second baseman, he didn't even touch it......missed it by three feet...

First and third basemen standing on the wrong side of the bag to make a tag. Kids not being the proper position to make a tag, back to base runner.....etc etc etc........There are three or four kids on Talin's team that act like they are in the major leauges........I just don't like their attitudes.

Big Brothers/Sisters is a group that matches kids that need an adult friend. My ex-wife was a big sister in college. She was matched with a girl that had a single parent, lower income family, the girl needed a positive role model to help her identify better life style choices etc.....
Old 05-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #582
Hottie_Ves!!!
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post
I don't like watching them play due to the fact they are sloppy. Kids aren't paying attention to what is going on. Simple skills of the game, which most kids should have by 11yrs old are not present on many of the kids. A little pop up to the second baseman, he didn't even touch it......missed it by three feet...

First and third basemen standing on the wrong side of the bag to make a tag. Kids not being the proper position to make a tag, back to base runner.....etc etc etc........There are three or four kids on Talin's team that act like they are in the major leauges........I just don't like their attitudes.

Big Brothers/Sisters is a group that matches kids that need an adult friend. My ex-wife was a big sister in college. She was matched with a girl that had a single parent, lower income family, the girl needed a positive role model to help her identify better life style choices etc.....

Yeah but they are still fairly young. Dont tell me your one of those domineering sporting parents
From time to time we have articles in the paper about parents abusing umpires etc

Ahhhh yes. Now i know. There was a simposons epiosde when bart gets big brother haha im with ya
Sounds like a good idea.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #583
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
Yeah but they are still fairly young. Dont tell me your one of those domineering sporting parents
From time to time we have articles in the paper about parents abusing umpires etc

Ahhhh yes. Now i know. There was a simposons epiosde when bart gets big brother haha im with ya
Sounds like a good idea.
No quite the opposite actually. I just cry on the inside when I see the catcher one hop it to the pitcher or throw it six feet over his head...

When ever I try to give Talin advise he acts like I am the stupidist person in the world, so I just keep my mouth shut.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #584
Hottie_Ves!!!

Quote:
No quite the opposite actually. I just cry on the inside when I see the catcher one hop it to the pitcher or throw it six feet over his head...

When ever I try to give Talin advise he acts like I am the stupidist person in the world, so I just keep my mouth shut.
Oh bugger that sucks. How is your r/s with Talin?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #585
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
Oh bugger that sucks. How is your r/s with Talin?
Oh he tolerates me. He has lived with his mother all his life and in January his mother got tired of him acting poorly at her house and sent him to live with me for the rest of the school year. He is doing well, here, getting passing grades, has not made the same choices as his mother's house, but I get the feeling he is just bidding his time until he goes back to live with her in August. We told him that if he changes his behaviours and does acceptable in school we would consider letting him go back to his mother's. He is doing so well here, that I don't feel he should leave, but he and his mother are both planning on him being with her in the fall. We still have much to discuss, time will tell.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #586
Hottie_Ves!!!

Quote:
Oh he tolerates me. He has lived with his mother all his life and in January his mother got tired of him acting poorly at her house and sent him to live with me for the rest of the school year. He is doing well, here, getting passing grades, has not made the same choices as his mother's house, but I get the feeling he is just bidding his time until he goes back to live with her in August. We told him that if he changes his behaviours and does acceptable in school we would consider letting him go back to his mother's. He is doing so well here, that I don't feel he should leave, but he and his mother are both planning on him being with her in the fall. We still have much to discuss, time will tell.

hmmmmm well its great he is doing so well here but not so much if he goes back ands just reverts back to how he was. Is there any possibility that he can stay longer with you guys? Does he want to? Does he get along with Kel and the girls?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #587
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

OK, Vesna, I gots run.....too tired....long day.......longer week ahead. You are eight days away from your trip to Europa!!!! Lulu's birthday is the 18th, I expect a card!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #588
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
hmmmmm well its great he is doing so well here but not so much if he goes back ands just reverts back to how he was. Is there any possibility that he can stay longer with you guys? Does he want to? Does he get along with Kel and the girls?
He wants to go back to his mother's. They have a very co-dependant/destructive relationship. If he stays with us, he would stay in the same building for 6th grade, if he goes back to him mothers, new school, middle school, and new students. I feel he should stay here another year for consistency as well as more time for him to modify/change behaviours. I am afraid that two months into it, she is going to call me ask me to come get him. That is not fair to him or Kelly and girls. He gets along with the girls pretty well, typical brother/sister battles, but all in all he treats them well. It will kill Lulu and Noodles to have him leave, as this is the first time they have had the chance to be full time little sisters.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #589
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Good night Aussie Land!!!! I am off tomorrow, so I will be around from time to time!!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #590
Hottie_Ves!!!

ok dude
thanks for Chat. 18th of June???? hmmmmmmm ok then
and yours is 1st
Have a good one Mikey and say hi to that cpap for me hahhahahahahaha
Closed Thread