Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #11
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

This looks absolutely incredible. There are only a few games I'll nerd right out and take a day off work for and this is one of them. The others would be a new GTA or Elder Scrolls. So ya... need me some Red dead!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #12
Mister H
Green Goblin

Will there be a zombie version?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #13
MrJones

I'm going to guess yes. The zombie game in the first one was a huge hit.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #14
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Oh, baby.. Cannot wait!

https://youtu.be/srUjOl_wBmU
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #15
MrJones

Going to be so damn good. Between this and Destiny 2 I think I am set for never-ending games (for the next year) lol
Old 08-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #16
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Going to be so damn good. Between this and Destiny 2 I think I am set for never-ending games (for the next year) lol
I'm looking forward to Forsaken after seeing some of the leaks. It's gonna be nuts.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #17
Frankierock
Omega Red

Just a heads up.....
make sure you clear some time and plenty of space on your systems...Just read from IGN this game needs 105gb for the initial install..that means not only will it take the space of almost 3 games (most are about 40gb now) but when you get home it will be a while before you sit down and play.
Easy hour install if no patches day one.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:16 AM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I just finished the main storyline and have about 3% of the Epilogue left before being totally done with RDR2.

I waited to pass judgment on this game until I was deep into it as I was admittedly a bit put off by what felt like an unnecessarily convoluted inventory system. Well... as I suspected, I eventually got the inventory system down and it ceased to bother me.

With that behind me I can honestly say this game is a masterpiece! The writing is quite simply THE BEST I’ve ever encountered in a video game and rivals anything put to film. I’ve played a lot of games in my time but I’ve never had a narrative pull me in like this. A few times it almost brought me to tears. That just doesn’t happen in video games, not for me anyways.

So being at the end of the journey is bittersweet. I’m sure anyone who’s played it through knows what I’m talking about. This is the most immersive open world I’ve ever experienced and I simply don’t want to leave it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:50 AM   #19
Mister H
Green Goblin

That’s good to know. Still haven’t bought it yet but I’ll pull the trigger soon. I wanted to like Fallout 76, but it looks to be kind of a turd. I’m only into open world stuff so my options are kind of limited.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:23 PM   #20
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
That’s good to know. Still haven’t bought it yet but I’ll pull the trigger soon. I wanted to like Fallout 76, but it looks to be kind of a turd. I’m only into open world stuff so my options are kind of limited.
76 is a ton of fun, don't believe all the hate. I've been having way more fun in 76 than I did with Red Dead 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

With that behind me I can honestly say this game is a masterpiece! The writing is quite simply THE BEST I’ve ever encountered in a video game and rivals anything put to film. I’ve played a lot of games in my time but I’ve never had a narrative pull me in like this. A few times it almost brought me to tears. That just doesn’t happen in video games, not for me anyways.
I enjoyed the game, and it has some really great characters and moments but I thought the story was ridiculously weak. it pretty much boils down to the same chorus repeated for 5 verses.

1. Get to new camp
2. Dutch has a plan at town near said new camp
3. Dutch's plan is stupid and backfires.
4. Flea new camp
5. Repeat.

I do think them forcing it to be a prequel hurt as we know exactly where it's going, and the fact that they chose to make John almost exclusively the one in "danger" was a really dumb decision. How many times did he get captured or "killed" in the story?

I suppose it's been out long enough now and this is hardly an active thread, but i'll still hold off on actual spoilers for a bit longer unless one of you gentlemen wants to have a more detailed discussion.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote