Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #81
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
got an email notification/update from Level52 on this today. mid November shipping if no delays from US customs.
Me to
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #82
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yeah sorry guys and gals. Out of our hands, but we will work tirelessly once she gets in to qc and send to you all who ordered immediately.
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #83
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I received the same email. It's also posted in their Facebook page. I applaud them for being transparent and for offering in-store credit toward the price on a future purchase because of the extended wait.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:46 PM   #84
SAB380
The X-Men

Photos starting to appear on Facebook.
Statue looks good.
Am a little shocked at the change to the fur clothes though, especially that it wasn't communicated at all.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #85
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Photos starting to appear on Facebook.
Statue looks good.
Am a little shocked at the change to the fur clothes though, especially that it wasn't communicated at all.
I wasn't planning on using the clothes anyway but just curious what the new clothes look like. Do you have the pics or a link to them? Thanks in advance.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:29 PM   #86
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I wasn't planning on using the clothes anyway but just curious what the new clothes look like. Do you have the pics or a link to them? Thanks in advance.
Most recent post on their Facebook page shows the first in-hand shots and in the comments, there are multiple shots of the clothes including Level52's official responses.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:49 PM   #87
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I don’t plan on displaying it with the clothes and the glow in the dark eyes were gimmicky, but yikes. They made a mistake not informing customers of the changes when they occurred. Reminds me of when ARH realeased a topless statue where the top couldn’t be removed.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:11 PM   #88
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Can someone please post the pics here? I am only getting the mobile version of their Facebook page and it doesn't show any comments. Thanks in advance.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:36 AM   #89
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The eyes didn't change. They can't physically paint eyes like we can do we worked with them on a decal. The eyes are still black light responsive no difference there.

As for the clothes. We kept them as close as we could. However they simply had to be changed as our first pattern didn't work. The new pattern will stay on, is made of better materials and is better construction.
Every single prototype is subject to change. Things have to adjust to accommodate production, we made the changes we had to make but kept our design in line with our Prototype as best as we possibly could. We did not cut corners or cost. We actually ended up paying far more for our new clothing because of the metal rings and attachments. The clothing also needs to be combed/posed when it comes out of the box just like any mixed media or fur.

When we recieve our shipment and begin QC we will be posting pictures of the statues and all their components. Showing you the exact pieces you will be receiving, etc. We have worked tirelessly to make sure this project meets expectations and none of the design, production or quality control has been taken likely.
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:06 AM   #90
SAB380
The X-Men

The new design might be better, or people might not care since the art is nude. But there is no reason at all not to inform customers of the change ahead of time. Saying ‘prototypes are subject to change’ as a reason not to, doesn’t really cut it.
And by not releasing photos yourself of the new version you’ve allowed the always sub-par first in hand phone pics to be people’s first exposure to it.