Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-30-2017, 06:00 PM   #11
ReTardist
The Herculoids

I would recommend 1/6 scale for this. It doesn't have the detail to justify 1/4 scale. It'll look just fine at 1/6
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:18 PM   #12
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

This is a really nice looking piece and I think it will look great paired with Cat Girl.

I prefer 1/5 scale or larger for my collection but if Ehren thinks 1/6 scale is the most suitable scale for this piece than I will defer to his judgement since he sculpted this amazing work of art and would know best. Fantastic job, by the way!
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:34 PM   #13
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Sigh I would prefer all my statues in the 1/4 range. I’m still not ready to move to smaller scales.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:12 PM   #14
ReTardist
The Herculoids

My feeling is that 1/4 works well for statues with a ton of detail where you want to be able to see every single thing... These little water color paintings that Frazetta did were quick, abbreviated, fun illustrations. There isn't even enough detail in the painting to justify something that big. Just personally speaking at 1/4 scale I think this thing would look obnoxious. Plus.. it'll save you space and money. The other idea is that we would like to develop a line of these statues... If they are all 1/4 scale, people are gonna run out of money and space alot faster.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:12 PM   #15
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
My feeling is that 1/4 works well for statues with a ton of detail where you want to be able to see every single thing... These little water color paintings that Frazetta did were quick, abbreviated, fun illustrations. There isn't even enough detail in the painting to justify something that big. Just personally speaking at 1/4 scale I think this thing would look obnoxious. Plus.. it'll save you space and money. The other idea is that we would like to develop a line of these statues... If they are all 1/4 scale, people are gonna run out of money and space alot faster.
Most 1/4 scale bewbs are bigger than 1/6 scale bewbs.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:21 PM   #16
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

lol, most not all
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:45 PM   #17
French Cancan
Deadman

1/6 is fine, and developing a line a good idea.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:14 PM   #18
NamesJay
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
I've never heard "isn't even enough detail" phrase ever used when reviewing a Frazetta piece of artwork, lol.

Not to be argumentative at all, but that's a little bit of an ignorant statement.

I would prefer a 1/4 scale for any Frazetta piece, across the board.
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:48 PM   #19
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post
I've never heard "isn't even enough detail" phrase ever used when reviewing a Frazetta piece of artwork, lol.

Not to be argumentative at all, but that's a little bit of an ignorant statement.

He would probably know, he sculpted it lol. Personally I dont mind simple large sculptures. Detail and size to me are about as comparable as blue and square.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:49 PM   #20
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post

I guess that depends on what you consider to be 'detail'. Detail is the single most overused word to describe the quality of a statue in this industry. None of Franks paintings were as detailed as any XM or Sideshow statue. If you study his brush work, there was a lot left to the imagination. He abbreviated things everywhere. Sure you could print this at 1/4 scale... and some people might like it but it'll look totally out of place next to anything else in an average collection. Even the Barbarian and Death Dealer we more 'detailed' than this. But in the end it's not up to me. Level 52 will decide what they feel best suits the needs of the market.