Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #331
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The immediate shipping thing is very enticing. I could order this tomorrow and have it by Thursday.

Very tempting.
I'm really surprised more statues aren't revealed/sold this way, for this exact reason.

And hell Sideshow may as well do it that way considering how rarely they take customer feedback into account.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #332
MissRoMayo
Fantastic Four

Hope I'm not busy when this goes live! I seriously love my Mondo figure with little Hogarth, but the statue will have a lot more presence. I really didn't care for the original version.
MissRoMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #333
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i hope you guys that actually want this get it. im sure flippers have already smelled blood in the water and there will be 5 on ebay at the end of thursday for over $1000
Flippers are dead. With eBay and PayPal fees and shipping both ways, you are looking at $950 just to break even, let’s say you add on just $200 as profit for all this work and risk of breakage during shipping, it becomes a $1150 statue. Good luck selling this at $1150 in today’s environment, you may get really lucky but most likely not.

One good thing with the current prices and saturation is flipping is a thing of the past.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #334
Shoo
Hercules

Hogarth leaning like that looks rather bad. I hope you buyers will be able to make him stand straight somehow.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #335
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes with shipping now, and statues are so much these days, statues on resell so low, you are glad when you get 3/4 of what you paid, mostly it's 1/4 to 1/2 of what you paid. I have given up now trying to sell my statues.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:55 PM   #336
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Hogarth leaning like that looks rather bad. I hope you buyers will be able to make him stand straight somehow.

Does the original have this same lean?

If yes, it's one of these pieces that would best be displayed below eye level so when you look down at him he's looking up at you. A little strange the Iron Giant is looking up.
The SHOGUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #337
MissRoMayo
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Does the original have this same lean?

If yes, it's one of these pieces that would best be displayed below eye level so when you look down at him he's looking up at you. A little strange the Iron Giant is looking up.

It's an extremely iconic pose for him, although it is his Superman pose which makes less sense for this statue because he doesn't come with the Superman logo. At least the head position is adjustable.

That lean on Hogarth is pretty bad though.
MissRoMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:36 PM   #338
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post

One good thing with the current prices and saturation is flipping is a thing of the past.
I kind of agree with you but i still think a preanounced low es piece like this which even adds something people were disappointed wasnt included with the first in addition to the fact its ready to ship now.... youre going to get a few. That $200 or even less sometimes is worth the hassle to some people even if we dont understand it

I hope im wrong though and people that want it for their collection are able to pick one up hassle free
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:41 PM   #339
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

These absolutely were the unsold leftovers from the first run repainted with the little dude added.
The SHOGUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:43 AM   #340
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
These absolutely were the unsold leftovers from the first run repainted with the little dude added.
loll I actually hadn't thought of that. Hilarious, if not terrifying.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote