Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #381
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Didn’t Chad say that he was in favor of doing a Jim Balint Catwoman costume statue? I personally would love to see that costume on the character again. I’m kind of over these black leather costumes she wears but at least she doesn’t have goggles on anymore.
Oh wow, I hope so. Balent for the win.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:32 AM   #382
FJC
Midnighter

I'm sure Chad can do multiple versions of Catwoman and they'd all sell.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:30 AM   #383
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm odd. I don't love Balent like everybody else. However, I agree that version should get more attention than it does. This TH version is my favorite costume. Then goggles (Cook, then Lee). Then Balent.

I'd have to guess that's because Balent always drew her so whorish that I associate that era with plastic, fantastic, playboy bunny styled Selina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If that's the case then that was a bad design choice by Chad, the comic shows the outfit as one piece, no stitches on the arms. Why would he add them? it makes the arms look like they're a separate piece.

Not to mention the pre-order was done using the picture with no seams. <--- this is probably what pisses me off the most, it boils down to false advertising just like XM advertising Mystique as 1/4 scale. Chad should of let everyone know about this right away instead of us having to see in-hand pictures, it's just a bit shady.
This is what bothered me a great deal too. Let me see what I'm actually buying. Or for F**k sake - tell us a change was made before we start opening boxes!! I was so pissed, and still am, about XM changing Storm's bracelets and that horrendous tornado seam. Just like this change, NOTHING was communicated. I wasn't going to cancel, I just like transparency with changes.

Also, are we sure this statue still is all one piece at the top? Her arms might be separate now. I won't know until TH starts shipping because I ordered directly through them.

And FYI to those who don't do a lot of dress shopping, there are plenty of dresses in the world that do not have seams at the sleeves.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #384
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
I just love Catwoman. Aside from the Jim Lee maskless Cover Girl statue I’ll support anything Catwoman. Even Halle Berry’s Patience Phillips CINO. Fight Me!
What puts you off so strongly on that particular piece? Is it the way the face sculpt came out? Something else?
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:14 PM   #385
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm odd. I don't love Balent like everybody else. However, I agree that version should get more attention than it does. This TH version is my favorite costume. Then goggles (Cook, then Lee). Then Balent.

I'd have to guess that's because Balent always drew her so whorish that I associate that era with plastic, fantastic, playboy bunny styled Selina.
Maybe it depends on your age. Balent suit was the Catwoman I saw as a kid. That and the grey one with wiskers (year one?). It's embedded into my brain that Catwoman in purple with long black hair is the most beautiful. The SP costume is awesome too, certainly more classy.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #386
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
I'm odd. I don't love Balent like everybody else.
I don't, either.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #387
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:

This is what bothered me a great deal too. Let me see what I'm actually buying. Or for F**k sake - tell us a change was made before we start opening boxes!! I was so pissed, and still am, about XM changing Storm's bracelets and that horrendous tornado seam. Just like this change, NOTHING was communicated. I wasn't going to cancel, I just like transparency with changes.

Also, are we sure this statue still is all one piece at the top? Her arms might be separate now. I won't know until TH starts shipping because I ordered directly through them.

And FYI to those who don't do a lot of dress shopping, there are plenty of dresses in the world that do not have seams at the sleeves.
Demona I made women's clothing for years and years and and inset sleeve always gave the proper fit. Those patterned without it tend to create unsightly bulges under arm. Might I suggest waiting until you have the item in hand before anyone starts/continues with complaining, since I am only aware of one person that has posted pictures so far.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #388
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

I can agree with you about how Balent drew her - very plastic, Baywatchlike-Pamela Andersonlike - but that costume (The Jim Balent one) to me was most reminiscent of her purple and green one which is why I liked it. Her current costume is somewhat purple-ish but I still do not get the under arm cutouts.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #389
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I can agree with you about how Balent drew her - very plastic, Baywatchlike-Pamela Andersonlike - but that costume (The Jim Balent one) to me was most reminiscent of her purple and green one which is why I liked it. Her current costume is somewhat purple-ish but I still do not get the under arm cutouts.
Isn't it supposed to form the face of a cat?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #390
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I thought it was Black Cat's new suit - which was quickly abandoned - that had the eyes of a cat on her chest?

And Grphyx - I'm not saying that dresses don't have sleeve seams I'm saying that there are plenty that don't, so it was still "realistic" to not have seams. And comic accurate since her dress as drawn didn't have them.

As I have said, it's not that the statue is unattractive. Far from it. It's stunning! I can't wait to get mine! I just find it a bit unprofessional that nobody knew about these additions until somebody opened their box.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote