Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #41
Mister H
Gen 13

I think she looks great. Won’t be getting it, not one of my “1/4 worthy” characters. Still looks great though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:10 PM   #42
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
I'm not a fan of the price tag, but I also don't like how people have the cheek to say 'nothing seems extremely difficult to do here'. Fair play man, thanks for the production insight.
The point is that is the reasoning they’ve made public. Large or difficult design = Marquette. And looking at the photo the detail the described like with the magneto maquette must be in the base. Which is understandable for magneto since it’s there first and a highly anticipated piece. But to thrown on an immensely difficult base on to a character that is obviously part of an onsomble collection.... seems like a quick money grab to me. It is what business’ do when they are in a situation similar to sideshow. First rogue wasn’t a complete knock out piece, many qc issues... but there are a lot of those out so it may limit sales. So they could add a crazy base to be able to up the price and get the same amount even if they happen to sell less.

And in regards to production insight there has been insight shedded on to the public via the custom community so don’t be a lemming and just roll with the changes and not speak your mind. You can’t honestly look at the characters sculpt on this rogue and say it’s any bit more difficult than any of the other recent announcements. Which means it’s in the base. The point I’m making was, is it necessary, or is t a ploy.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #43
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I really don’t think “complex” base is necessarily for Rogue.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #44
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
The point is that is the reasoning they’ve made public. Large or difficult design = Marquette. And looking at the photo the detail the described like with the magneto maquette must be in the base. Which is understandable for magneto since it’s there first and a highly anticipated piece. But to thrown on an immensely difficult base on to a character that is obviously part of an onsomble collection.... seems like a quick money grab to me. It is what business’ do when they are in a situation similar to sideshow. First rogue wasn’t a complete knock out piece, many qc issues... but there are a lot of those out so it may limit sales. So they could add a crazy base to be able to up the price and get the same amount even if they happen to sell less.

And in regards to production insight there has been insight shedded on to the public via the custom community so don’t be a lemming and just roll with the changes and not speak your mind. You can’t honestly look at the characters sculpt on this rogue and say it’s any bit more difficult than any of the other recent announcements. Which means it’s in the base. The point I’m making was, is it necessary, or is t a ploy.
Let's talk about this when we see the entire statue first, shall we?
RadAsGhoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:29 PM   #45
strife87
Spider-Ham

I like her look so far.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:44 PM   #46
Peedi
The Secret Six

Sideshow must have known straying too far from the comic version for this costume would’ve been a very bad idea. This looks very promising so far. They put way less of a spin on this costume then I expected and that’s a great thing.

This classic 90s costume REQUIRES a headband head though. I’d skip this whole statue without a headband head. Headband belongs with this costume.

I need to see the full face though. But as much as I love X-Men I wasn’t too interested in buying any of the ladies they have coming and just stick to Magneto. I already have who I want as far as repeat 1/4 characters go, especially in the same costumes. But a great looking Rogue...dammit sideshow, you just might have me with this one.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:53 PM   #47
Peedi
The Secret Six

Also, Rogue, while looking great in that one angle, doesn’t look “Maquette” worthy looking at the sculpt of the figure. She looks good from what I can tell, but isn’t a complex sculpt.

Maybe the base pushes this up to maquette territory? Or just the fact she’s flying?

But as many figures sideshow has done where the character has one contact to their base and engineering basically holding the piece up (Spider-Man as a major example) I have a hard time accepting a flying pose automatically bumps a piece to maquette but eh, we’ll see.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #48
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

I'm not going to defend Sideshows pricing but I must say I find it baffling how much some are willing to pay for XM Studio pieces like Elektra, Black Widow and Hulk while baulking at cheaper and IMHO superior pieces from Sideshow. Not all of course, I have Moon Knight and Dark Phoenix ordered and they look amazing.

Anyway I like the look of rogue so far. Not going to judge it until I've seen more
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #49
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

What is maquette worthy? I still, from time to time, look at the magneto page and try to figure out what the extra price is for. Besides being called a maquette, I can’t see any difference. I’d really like for someone from sideshow to convince me why magneto is nearly $200 more than something like the Superman pf. To me it seems like its because they have multiple options for Superman and only one magneto.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #50
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
What is maquette worthy? I still, from time to time, look at the magneto page and try to figure out what the extra price is for. Besides being called a maquette, I can’t see any difference. I’d really like for someone from sideshow to convince me why magneto is nearly $200 more than something like the Superman pf. To me it seems like its because they have multiple options for Superman and only one magneto.
My best guess is they saw XM's Magneto going for $3000 with only a 800 ES, so SS knew there is a demand for that character, so how do they get the most money out of it without raising their prices on PF's and having everyone scream, they call it a Maquette….. For some reason some collectors consider it higher end then PF's... but in reality I doubt it's any better quality wise..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote