Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #2251
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
I have seen them and they look wonderfull. But i'm more interested in CC's Pachy. I have an unpainted maquette already on the way. And maybe you have seen my Parasaur a couple of pages back?

Some of the BO T-Rexes also looked good. But i hope Toynami don't get sloppy when the edition number goes up...
Ohhh yeah man, im waiting for that pachy too.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:57 PM   #2252
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
The Indominous was posed and sculpted by ILM.

All of the other pieces were sculpted in house.
I believe the sick trike was also sculpted or sourced from ILM(probably not the base). Hum...that explained the Raptors looks they way they look from this particular zbrush screencap. I hope that's just a super early WIP shot and it will be heavily adjusted or re-sculpted...
If the current look is how the final will be, it money saved for me.

Is there a reason why the original 1/5 maquette was not scanned and transposed in zbrush to achieve maximum accuracy?
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:58 PM   #2253
Jurassic
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
Yes lets forget Tsukuda!
And why is that? Tsukuda's TLW raptor came out the same mold as the Horizon. And so for the large Brachio. I have these models and they are fantastic.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:01 PM   #2254
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Tricke and raptors are looking awesome!!! Jurassic, havent you seen the raptor bust and the compy? Looking good so far!!
Yea, the tricke is. The Raptors..not so much, yet. Only the final reveal will tell. Here's the hope that CC will do the original Raptor justice.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:13 PM   #2255
yankeetrex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Both the Triceratops and the Raptors are sculpted by Julien Romeo. Trike was scanned from the Give the kids the World JP Triceratops that used to be displayed at Universal Studios but was later donated to the charities location in orlando.

The Raptors I have to assume are scanned raptor bust heads attached to Horizon scanned bodies. But dont quote me on that. Julien is a master at scanning assets and making a picture perfect posable /animatable CG asset. This will generally be as close as one can get to CG versions of animatronics.
yankeetrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #2256
yankeetrex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Yes lets forget Tsukuda!
All of the Tsukudas turned out not very good besides the Gallimimus. I have two of those and they are easily the next best thing other then having the SWS Maquette. I had the extra large versions of the Rex and the Triceratops from JP1, but they just didn't do it for me.
yankeetrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #2257
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetrex View Post
Both the Triceratops and the Raptors are sculpted by Julien Romeo. Trike was scanned from the Give the kids the World JP Triceratops that used to be displayed at Universal Studios but was later donated to the charities location in orlando.

The Raptors I have to assume are scanned raptor bust heads attached to Horizon scanned bodies. But dont quote me on that. Julien is a master at scanning assets and making a picture perfect posable /animatable CG asset. This will generally be as close as one can get to CG versions of animatronics.
Julien did an amazing job with the sick Trike...he's very talented.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #2258
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetrex View Post

I've seen Julien's scanned and printed Raptor for his personnal project. The ones in that zbrush screencap are not his. If they are, they are over done and deformed. It will be a huge mistake to use the 1/1 Raptor bust and use it with the horizon body if what you are guessing is true. Hopefully not.

Just to give you an idea. Here are some side by side shots of my original 1/5 Winston cast(white) with Horizon kit. See the difference?

Old 11-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #2259
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
And why is that? Tsukuda's TLW raptor came out the same mold as the Horizon. And so for the large Brachio. I have these models and they are fantastic.
Sorry Jurassic but Tsukuda's models didn't do anything for me but i'm glad to hear they did for you.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #2260
Jurassic
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
I've seen Julien's scanned and printed Raptor for his personnal project. The ones in that zbrush screencap are not his. If they are, they are over done and deformed. It will be a huge mistake to use the 1/1 Raptor bust and use it with the horizon body.

Just to give you an idea. This is a side by side show of my original 1/5 Winston cast(white) with Horizon kit. See the difference?
The Horizon is more skinny. Looking at my Tsukuda model... i think Tsukuda used the original 1/5 Winston cast (for their TLW raptor).

Quote:
Sorry Jurassic but Tsukuda's models didn't do anything for me but i'm glad to hear they did for you.
Nevermind ;-)
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote