Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I tweaked your title. If you have a better one let me know.
Thanks armitage, that works
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

The kids parents didn't have their tongue in their kid's mouth and all that. They said they were playing it up.
I don't see how it's funny, but it's definitely weird.
Which leads me to this question if anyone wants to take a stab at it.
Why do parents kiss their kids on the lips?
I have seen parents peck their kids on the lips. My wife and I think it's weird but apparently some people don't I've seen many parents do this.
As a father of two I'm more than happy to kiss my kid's cheek, but it's uncomfortable to even think of kissing their lips.
Does anybody you know or do you kiss your kids on the lips?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #13
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Just watched the video . . . Sooooooo wrong. It would be bad enough if it was just one of the parents doing it, but they all seemed to be going hard with their own sons and daughters.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:12 AM   #14
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
The kids parents didn't have their tongue in their kid's mouth and all that. They said they were playing it up.
I don't see how it's funny, but it's definitely weird.
Which leads me to this question if anyone wants to take a stab at it.
Why do parents kiss their kids on the lips?
I have seen parents peck their kids on the lips. My wife and I think it's weird but apparently some people don't I've seen many parents do this.
As a father of two I'm more than happy to kiss my kid's cheek, but it's uncomfortable to even think of kissing their lips.
Does anybody you know or do you kiss your kids on the lips?
I kiss my daughter on the lips - and I don't think it's weird at all. Maybe you have affection issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Just watched the video . . . Sooooooo wrong. It would be bad enough if it was just one of the parents doing it, but they all seemed to be going hard with their own sons and daughters.
the wrongness is the prolonged kisses and the woman who placed her son's hand in her rump... that was just icky...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #15
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I kiss my daughter on the lips - and I don't think it's weird at all. Maybe you have affection issues...

I probably have "affection issues".
Seriously. My Grandparents all grew up in the depression and had this thing where they really never hugged or kissed me. Their idea of showing affection was to buy you something.
Also I don't remember my father ever telling me he loved me until I went to college and left home. He is not an "affectionate" kind of guy.
I moved around a lot when mother died when I was 5 years old. My father moved seemingly every few years so I never gained real attachments to friends in any one school I went to.
So yeah,maybe I have some "affection issues".
I show my kids love, with hugs and kisses on the cheek, I just don't understand why parents kiss kids on the lips.
I'm not saying it's perverted. I just think it's awkward.
Anyhow. Instead of saying I'm the one with issues did it ever occur that you may be the one with "boundary issues"?
You kiss your wife on the lips you cross that boundary when you kiss your kids on the lips.
Do you have a son?
Would you also kiss him on the lips?

Last edited by armitage; 12-18-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #16
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
I probably have "affection issues".
Seriously. My Grandparents all grew up in the depression and had this thing where they really never hugged or kissed me. Their idea of showing affection was to buy you something.
Also I don't remember my father ever telling me he loved me until I went to college and left home. He is not an "affectionate" kind of guy.
I moved around a lot when mother died when I was 5 years old. My father moved seemingly every few years so I never gained real attachments to friends in any one school I went to.
So yeah,maybe I have some "affection issues".
I show my kids love, with hugs and kisses on the cheek, I just don't understand why parents kiss kids on the lips.
I'm not saying it's perverted. I just think it's awkward.
Anyhow. Instead of saying I'm the one with issues did it ever occur that you may be the one with "boundary issues"?
You kiss your wife on the lips you cross that boundary when you kiss your kids on the lips.
Do you have a son?
Would you also kiss him on the lips?
I think it could only be considered "boundry issues" if the other person was uncomfortable with the boundry you've crossed.

and yes, if I had a boy I would kiss him on the lips - up until a certain age when I am sure he wouldn't want to kiss his Dad on the lips - and then a manly hug would do just fine. Like I said - it's what they are comfortable with.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #17
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I think it could only be considered "boundry issues" if the other person was uncomfortable with the boundry you've crossed.

and yes, if I had a boy I would kiss him on the lips - up until a certain age when I am sure he wouldn't want to kiss his Dad on the lips - and then a manly would do just fine. Like I said - it's what they are comfortable with.
Well a child only knows what their parents do by example. She sees you kiss your wife on the lips. She assumes her role then must be equal to that of your wife because she can't differentiate when she's young.
How old is your daughter?
If you've been kissing her on the lips since she was born, obviously she doesn't see anything wrong with it.
Why would she feel uncomfortable if she's been brought up that way?
I think saying I'm the one with issues is lame and frankly very rude. Since I don't practice what you do then I have "issues"?
Great logic.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #18
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Well a child only knows what their parents do by example. She sees you kiss your wife on the lips. She assumes her role then must be equal to that of your wife because she can't differentiate when she's young.
How old is your daughter?
If you've been kissing her on the lips since she was born, obviously she doesn't see anything wrong with it.
Why would she feel uncomfortable if she's been brought up that way?
I think saying I'm the one with issues is lame and frankly very rude. Since I don't practice what you do then I have "issues"?
Great logic.
Saying that people who kiss their children on the lips are weird is rude too - practice what you preach - since you were lame and rude first.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #19
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Saying that people who kiss their children on the lips are weird is rude too - practice what you preach - since you were lame and rude first.
No. You didn't read my post.

I said "My wife and I think it's weird"
That's my opinion. I didn't say "people who do this are weird" which is a accusatory.
The difference is I'm not accusing people like you.
I'm saying I personally think it's weird.
See, your intention is to make me out to be the one with a problem. I never said you had a problem because you kiss your kids on the lips.
You made this into a personal attack and I would appreciate an apology.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
No. You didn't read my post.

I said "My wife and I think it's weird"
That's my opinion. I didn't say "people who do this are weird" which is a accusatory.
The difference is I'm not accusing people like you.
I'm saying I personally think it's weird.
See, your intention is to make me out to be the one with a problem. I never said you had a problem because you kiss your kids on the lips.
You made this into a personal attack and I would appreciate an apology.
I think we could discuss this in PMs - because I don't owe an apology.