Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Question Ask PrototypeZ

Hopefully this can be a sticky if Erick likes it.

I know things are a bit slow with Sagat being the first in the Street Fighter line, but I think eventually once everything gets ironed out in the next few months, information and questions are going to be flowing. It would be nice to have suggestions, questions, and answers centralized instead of having to bounce from thread to thread.

I'll start...
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

A discussion about the boxes we were going to get with our kits was brought up and what we would do with them after the kits were received. Some even mentioned chucking them after the kit was assembled and painted, as it would no longer serve a practicle purpose other than looking pretty with the art on it.

It was also said that the boxes would be individually numbered along with the base of the kit inside them. This would serve as a form of authentication, but again, if these kits were assembled, painted and either gifted, traded or sold, the box would simply make the shipping process more bulky and expensive as an entirely new box and styrofoam insert would have to be forged. Together, this package would be huge.

With all of that said, in addition to the original product box being numbered, could a Certificate of Authenticity be signed, numbered and included with the kit? This way, even if the original product box was discarded, there would still be something to keep with the statue to show it was an original.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I like the COA idea. Gives you something to possibly frame with the statue.
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I like the COA idea as well very much!!
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
I like the COA idea as well very much!!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
dao2
Cyclops

COA is cool yeah, would definitely like that. Also can you please get the SoA license from Sega and do some SoA statues ^^?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

We were initially thinking of the COA, but then we didn't want to delay the releases because we might need approval for the pictures.

Let me contact some of the Udon artist and see if they're interested. The great thing with the small runs, we can send these out after the package has sent (at least for Sagat) and we would know exactly who has the pieces and number them accordingly.
ProtoStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

BTW, thanks andrew for starting this thread and for that e-mail. really appreciate the updates.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

As for our updates, here is where we are:

-Sagats are boxed up but waiting on two things:
1. The decals I mailed to J last week and he should be getting it tomorrow or Wednesday. This is the cover to the boxes.
2. Next is the 2"x2" engraved tag (black with silver text), that says "Sculpted by Erick Sosa" and "___ of ____". We will add the numbers by hand. You can add these to the base of the sculpt after its painted. This is scheduled to arrive shipped direct to Fenix also on Wednesday. He'll add this to the package and bingo, our first ever product finally ships.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Also, I've been working most of Friday and the next few days catching up to emails. So if I haven't responded yet, I'll be replying soon. We've got tons of emails using the "contact us" portion, so I'm trying to consolidate that into one email so i can respond to everyone on time. Thanks again everyone, and trust me, we are all so excited to get these to your hands.