Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-13-2021, 10:46 AM   #841
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
The Batman Statue Collector has some new pics up on FB, YouTube review coming out tomorrow.

Some well-lit photos, a couple from angles I haven't seen before.

If Tweeterhead cranks out more Batman characters at this level, I will be extremely happy. Actually, I already am, but I wouldn't mind a few more characters off the wishlist.
wow, a beautiful piece by Tweeterhead!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:12 PM   #842
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Maybe waiting to see how the og is received once in hand?
Or final sales. Either way, cautious until I see it announced in the newsletter.

Variants are weird, if you reveal a variant right away you hurt sales as people wait. But if too many wait, no variant. If you do make one later you annoy people that wanted it from the start, if you cancel people feel betrayed... customer satisfaction nightmare.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:56 PM   #843
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Can somebody help me understand edition size and who sells what?

So I get that TH had the 250Ex pieces for this statue. Then there were 800 regular. How many of the 800 regular allotment went for sale through TH? Bc if I click the link, it sends me to Sideshow. So I’m curious how the division is between the companies.

Also, why doesn’t Sideshow list the edition size on TH pieces of its known?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:08 AM   #844
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Can somebody help me understand edition size and who sells what?

So I get tha800 regular. How many of the 800 regular allotment went for sale through TH? Bc if I click the link, it sends me to Sideshow. So I’m curious how the division is between the companies.

Also, why doesn’t Sideshow list the edition size on TH pieces of its known?
I believe that for most statues Tweeterhead will produce up to 250 pieces of a statue. I get the impression if all exclusives do not sell on Tweeterhead’s site they go up for sale on Sideshow, along with the regular editions. I do not believe that Tweeterhead sells the regular edition on his site unless they have some orders that get cancelled and it is inventory they are stuck with.

No idea why Sideshow does not list the edition size.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:29 AM   #845
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Tweeterhead doesn't sell the regular version on their site, only the EX. Retailers like Sideshow, BBTS, Spec Fiction, etc get the regular version to sell. It also seems they have a new arrangement with Sideshow for a batch of EX for each piece, mainly due to their better shipping fees for international customers. They also seem to be banning Reward Points on those Exclusives, but you seem to be able to use them on the regular.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:33 AM   #846
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
They also seem to be banning Reward Points on those Exclusives, but you seem to be able to use them on the regular.
That was a problem with Black Adam, but I think people were able to use rewards points on the Teela EX.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:47 AM   #847
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That was a problem with Black Adam, but I think people were able to use rewards points on the Teela EX.
My friend tried and it wouldn't allow them.

EDIT: Never mind I was wrong.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:19 AM   #848
Demona
Martian Manhunter

From what I recall, they were allowed to use points on the Teela EX, but Sideshow charged more for the piece. So I'm not sure how much of that was a win if you only had a small amount of points?

It's all a little confusing, but my plan is order from TH whenever possible and go to Sideshow later if I have to. Since I'm not international, shipping isn't brutal. I feel for international collectors who have to pay so damn much for these pieces to get to them.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:02 AM   #849
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
From what I recall, they were allowed to use points on the Teela EX, but Sideshow charged more for the piece. So I'm not sure how much of that was a win if you only had a small amount of points?

It's all a little confusing, but my plan is order from TH whenever possible and go to Sideshow later if I have to. Since I'm not international, shipping isn't brutal. I feel for international collectors who have to pay so damn much for these pieces to get to them.
Nowadays, international shipping cuts both ways. I don't even want to tell you how much shipping cost me to get my XM Transformation HULK to the US. Statue producers are all over the world now and shipping prices are sky high. Hell, even domestic shipping prices are ridiculous. Shipping costs are rough across the board.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:10 AM   #850
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I can't even imagine the cost getting Transformation Hulk. Getting Storm was no small chunk of change either - but Hulk dwarfs her. The shipping is the only thing that really make me think heavily before ordering an XM piece. It's almost a car payment to get the thing to me!