Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 07-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #121
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Thanks. My photo's are improving, slowly. I have a tripod now, which helps

Nice Lady Deadpool and Scarlett Johansson Blackwidow piece. Always have been tempted to pick The Scarlett Johansson piece up! I still need to get a tripod heh would make things easier for pictures.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #122
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Nice Lady Deadpool and Scarlett Johansson Blackwidow piece. Always have been tempted to pick The Scarlett Johansson piece up! I still need to get a tripod heh would make things easier for pictures.
Both pieces are keepers
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #123
ukshaun
Hercules

PCS - Ariel DarkChylde - Regular (Red) ΒΌ scale

Sculpt: Alterton bizarre
Art Director: Randy Quenn - Jerry Macaluso

Ariel DarkChylde landed on my doorstep today, and represents my first PCS piece (Yay!). I picked this up during the recent Sideshow Comic Con 2018 sale. The Exclusive (Black) was ordered, the Regular (Red) was posted? (more on this later). Hands up, it was an impulse buy

Ariel DarkChylde is a nice piece. The portrait paint app, which looks nice and clean, leans more towards being cartoony (which is fine), and the skin tone is reminiscent of my Ms Marvel from XM Studios. I like red metallic paint used on the dress. The wings look excellent. The base, containing skulls in blood works well enough. One issue with the piece, Ariel DarkChylde appears to be leaning backwards slightly, which looks slightly odd given her legs are straight (maybe her wings are preventing her from falling over?),

Ordered:
Ariel – Darkchyldearts (Black)
Excusive Limited Edition: 125
Includes: Color print of the original design and a signed Certificate of Authenticity

Received:
Ariel – Darkchyldearts (Red)
Regular Limited Edition: 350
Includes: Signed Certificate of Authenticity

Slightly annoying, as I was really looking forward to receiving the Exclusive. While Red never shipped with an Art Print, it did ship with a signed Certificate of Authenticity, which was not present. I have sent Sideshow an email, and await their reply

I spotted a message on Facebook a couple of days ago. The poster mentioned receiving the last Black Ariel DarkChylde during the Sideshow sale, and it was an Artist proof. The color print and a signed Certificate of Authenticity was missing also.

UPDATE: 'This piece was shipped to you from Pop Culture Shock in North Carolina' - SSC
It appears the warehouse staff at PCS made an error. Not the fault of Sideshow. Since there are no more Ariel DarkChylde pieces in stock, as they was old stock, i decided to keep the piece and accept $40.00 of Sideshow credit. Great CS from SS as per usual.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #124
ukshaun
Hercules

..one for Rogue Rick

SideShow - Aspen PF EX

My Aspen PF EX arrived today, direct from Sideshow. Shipping from the US to the UK with DHL broke a record - 2 days! (unbelievable). The parcel was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but DHL went ahead and delivered a day early.

Here's some out of the box photo's taken under natural daylight. I had planned to take Aspen to the beach, and take some shots with the sea in background. Maybe i'll do that another time

Important things first, Aspen looks stunning. I love the paint work on her stomach, which appears to match the prototype closely, and is something I thought might be missing from the production piece. My Aspen has a very slight inward pointing right eye, but it works, possibly more so that absolute straight eyes. The clear sections that make up Aspen’s lower legs look great, although the super picky might spot signs of slight scuffs, traces of sediment, one or two tiny air bubbles, nothing noticeable. The clear water looks great, and appears to shift from dark-blue to clear, on which white paint has been applied. The prototype appeared to be brighter blue. The strands of hair at the front of Aspen’s portrait appear to be made from flexible material (PVC?). Inserting Aspen into the base required quite a lot of pressure to be applied. The join/fixing point is between Aspens upper right and lower right leg. There appears to be a slight gap, noticeable only from the rear. I might have to investigate further. Aspens removable right arm is held on via a strong magnet. As nice as the clear EX arm looks, I prefer the arm down position of the regular. All in all, I’m more than impressed. Aspen is a keeper.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #125
Augen
Metal Men

Great images, she's a head turner for sure. I don't know much about the character, but the statue looks fantastic.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #126
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW, She looks great!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #127
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Beautiful. Those pics are really make it difficult to not order her.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #128
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Nice, Thanks for sharing pics! Cant wait til i get mine on Monday!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #129
Davidian
Omega Flight

Nice pictures good sir. I think I may just have to snag her.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:10 AM   #130
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Great images, she's a head turner for sure. I don't know much about the character, but the statue looks fantastic.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
WOW, She looks great!
She sure does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Beautiful. Those pics are really make it difficult to not order her.
Thanks. I'm thinking about taking Aspen down to the sea front for some more shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Nice, Thanks for sharing pics! Cant wait til i get mine on Monday!
No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Nice pictures good sir. I think I may just have to snag her.
Thanks. The photo's show the out of box dust in places.