Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-13-2020, 03:59 AM   #501
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Here's a 1/4 scale Domino for comparison. Ivy is bigger in person, but it's not a huge difference.
Looking at that image, i guess an oversized XM Studio's 1/4 piece would be as large a the Prime 1 Poison Ivy
If Prime 1 had made Poison Ivy as large as Harley Quinn, can you image how big the base would need to be, and can you image how massive the box would need to be. Can you image how much the shipping would be.

I am sort of happy i passed on Poison Ivy. It wow'ed me in the beginning, but the shine wore off slightly by the time in hand images surface. That said, i might still pick one up further down the line, if the price is right.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:31 AM   #502
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If Prime 1 had made Poison Ivy as large as Harley Quinn, can you image how big the base would need to be, and can you image how massive the box would need to be. Can you image how much the shipping would be.
But Prime 1 sells Ivy as 1/3

I think the size of the base is ok. Only Ivy should be a little bigger. Judging by the photos, it's not much.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:44 AM   #503
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post

I think the size of the base is ok. Only Ivy should be a little bigger. Judging by the photos, it's not much.
What they should have done is made Poison Ivy as large as Harley Quinn, and designed a base that was not as large as it is. Or offer 2 versions of base, like they did with Zantanna. The focus should always be about the piece, not the base.

Prime 1 and their idea of 1/3 scale varies a lot. Some of their 1/3 scale pieces go the other way, and are larger than Harley Quinn.

It makes no sense to me given Prime 1 use 3D computer data (not clay). All they need to do with all their pieces is to scale them accordingly. By that i mean, use a preset reference guide, the portrait being ideal.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:58 AM   #504
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
What they should have done is made Poison Ivy as large as Harley Quinn, and designed a base that was not as large as it is.
That's what I mean.
The Base a little smaller or an alternative Base works for me too. I would love that Batman Year Zero would have an alternate base

I don't understand how a size difference comes about in this day and age. If it's sold as 1/3 it has to be 1/3.
Is not understandable for me.

Perhaps in the future manufacturers should tell us the height and width of the face. Then we could better assess whether the statue fits into the collection or not.
We basically don't do anything else here than compare the portraits on photos
Old 09-13-2020, 05:07 AM   #505
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
That's what I mean.
The Base a little smaller or an alternative Base works for me too. I would love that Batman Year Zero would have an alternate base

I don't understand how a size difference comes about in this day and age. If it's sold as 1/3 it has to be 1/3.
Is not understandable for me.

Perhaps in the future manufacturers should tell us the height and width of the face. Then we could better assess whether the statue fits into the collection or not.
We basically don't do anything else here than compare the portraits on photos
I guess it matters more to those that collect lines.
I'm not sure how Poison Ivy will fit the rest of the Hush line?

My Prime 1 Catwoman is slightly larger compared to my Prime 1 Harley Quinn. If i had of picked up Poison Ivy and placed the piece next to Catwoman, Poison Ivy would have been dwarfed when it comes to portrait size.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:16 AM   #506
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
I guess it matters more to those that collect lines.
I'm not sure how Poison Ivy will fit the rest of the Hush line?
Old 09-13-2020, 05:52 AM   #507
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:

In that shot, Poison Ivy and Superman look good. Batman looks oversized.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:15 PM   #508
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:

She is still a couple inches taller than the 1/4 Mr. Freeze, my only upright 1/4 piece for now. He is 19" from boots to dome, she is about 22" heel to hair.

Think she'll display nicely with a couple 1/4 around her, but still be noticeably bigger. The new Bane 1/4 might actually be taller, 26".

I'd prefer she was a solid 1/4 size and price, but I'm happy with the piece and honestly think the price was fair. Also biased because she's my favorite character.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:21 PM   #509
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

And the math checks out, a 6' male in 1/4 should be 18" (add 1" for boots/dome).

A 5'6" female in 1/3 should be 22". I have no idea if there is an accepted height range for her. Somewhere between 5'2" and 6' without heels, I guess, hahaha.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:57 AM   #510
ozboy
Birdman

I really want to see more Hush characters previewed
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote