Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-12-2022, 08:09 PM   #591
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I got mine today. While she's gorgeous, and I love the design, paint, sculpt, etc. my experience was marred by some bull----.

First off, the art box was damaged - torn halfway down one of the sides. Then I open her up and (at first) I saw that two of the tassels had broken off/come unglued. When I sent over some pics to a couple of people, they said it wasn't a break but was just the piece coming loose from the key. OK, I can deal with that and just glue them back.

So, then as I'm looking over every inch of the piece, I discover there's actually a third tassel missing/broken/unglued. I pull the box back out and search every square inch and it's nowhere to be found. So, it had to have broken off at the factory and they decided to just package it up anyways. So, now I have three missing tassels from the base and just two tassels to glue back.

You can really see the keys on two of the cats. The cat on the left, with the key on it's stomach, is very visible and (on mine at least), the feet don't even line up with the indentations in the pillows. The cat on the right also has a visible key on it's foot.

I have to say, I'm actually a bit disappointed in the engineering of this piece.

She does look gorgeous, but all the little issues kind of ruined the unboxing experience for me.

NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 11:03 PM   #592
JoBlo99
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The sculpt is great and the paint is great, but the statue has build and qc issues. The bottom cushion should have been elevated from the bottom by a base to avoid tassel breakage. The cat's feet don't match the indentations in the couches. And parts either don't fit in place or stay in place.

You guys are killing me displaying those Morigans. I got into collecting statues after they sold out.
JoBlo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 11:39 PM   #593
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo99 View Post
The sculpt is great and the paint is great, but the statue has build and qc issues. The bottom cushion should have been elevated from the bottom by a base to avoid tassel breakage. The cat's feet don't match the indentations in the couches. And parts either don't fit in place or stay in place.

You guys are killing me displaying those Morigans. I got into collecting statues after they sold out.
lol same, missed out of morrigan.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 05:08 AM   #594
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I got mine today. While she's gorgeous, and I love the design, paint, sculpt, etc. my experience was marred by some bull----.

First off, the art box was damaged - torn halfway down one of the sides. Then I open her up and (at first) I saw that two of the tassels had broken off/come unglued. When I sent over some pics to a couple of people, they said it wasn't a break but was just the piece coming loose from the key. OK, I can deal with that and just glue them back.

So, then as I'm looking over every inch of the piece, I discover there's actually a third tassel missing/broken/unglued. I pull the box back out and search every square inch and it's nowhere to be found. So, it had to have broken off at the factory and they decided to just package it up anyways. So, now I have three missing tassels from the base and just two tassels to glue back.

You can really see the keys on two of the cats. The cat on the left, with the key on it's stomach, is very visible and (on mine at least), the feet don't even line up with the indentations in the pillows. The cat on the right also has a visible key on it's foot.

I have to say, I'm actually a bit disappointed in the engineering of this piece.

She does look gorgeous, but all the little issues kind of ruined the unboxing experience for me.

I had not spotted the cat's paws not fitting the cusion dent's 100% ..i guess i was preoccupied with Felicia
Cat's do move about. A dent can be created, and remain for some moments. It is no big deal, if you ask me.

I agree on the tassel comment. To avoid breakage, the base has to placed down without tilting the base, which is difficult, as the base is super heavy.

All in all, i think Felicia is an absolutely amazing statue. No complains from my side.

LOADING: Image(s)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:44 AM   #595
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I finally got the time to put her together and all I can say is wow! Great paint apps and overall execution. I give her a 9 out of 10 only because of the issues with the cats not fitting in properly or exposed pegs. Also, I haven’t heard anyone mention how lightweight she is. The portraits are clearly vinyl (correct me if I’m wrong) and the body was also surprisingly light and vinyl-like. Their site states she’s made from cold-cast porcelain but I’m not sure about that…hope I’m wrong.

Other than that I had no issues with tight pins, broken tassels or broken anything. I hope I get lucky with the player two version as well.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 11:09 PM   #596
Torinn
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

I have a similarly problematic story. My tassels did not arrive broken but most of the cats have some degree of discoloration. Their faces are all in the process of yellowing. Beyond this, the pegs that attach the pieces are clearly mis-sized. I can look past most of them but it's really pretty ridiculous having it blatantly visible on the left cat. Also, it seems nobody else uses the dress but the one included with my statue doesn't fit right at all.

There are numerous similar complaints on Facebook and they recommend reaching out to their support. I did this and they mentioned that they will work to address through the company I bought from (BBTS). I have a feeling this may take a while but I'm really hoping they will adequately address these issues. With how great their Morrigan and Mai statues were, I am shocked at these basic problems with the Felicia statue.
Torinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:37 AM   #597
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Torinn your cats faces are yellowing? That’s awful.
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:26 AM   #598
Torinn
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonPixie View Post
Torinn your cats faces are yellowing? That?s awful.
Yeah, I think it's a somewhat common issue. This one was the worst
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221007_004527.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	154689  
Torinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:09 AM   #599
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinn View Post
Yikes that looks bad. Perhaps the flocking was a unique concept but not practical for longevity.
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 08:09 AM   #600
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinn View Post
One of my cat's had what i would describe as a green/grey patch around one eye.
I was not sure if it had been handled by a factory worker with dirty gloves or some sort of reaction between the white flock paint and the undercoat?

I reached out to HMO, and did not hear back for a while. 6 weeks in fact.
When HMO did reply, the news was good news. A replacement cat was in the post!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote