Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-23-2020, 07:43 PM   #161
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Keep in mind not everyone got these issues but these were mine. I love P1 but I'm not afraid to call them out on their BS. It's not just recent a lot of my issues were from the start.

ROTF Megatron paint was sloppy. My base has a very noticeable paint drip.

G1 Optimus had to be returned multiple times due to not seating in its base properly. My first one's lighting guts were damaged and hanging out.

Age of Extinction Ultimate Optimus parts were so tight they seized after a year on display. Was impossible to take him apart. Pieces were so tight when they came apart it split the statue completely down the middle. Nice waste of 2k...

Last Knight Megatron had to be returned twice. First ones arm and leg didn't seat properly. All three pieces are a different shade of grey from head to toe. If I put all 3 side by side it would make for a wtf moment. One was silver, one was light grey, the last charcoal. Of course the sexy silver was the one that had seating issues.

Multiple seating issues through P1 store with their AK Joker with Scarface. Ended up getting it through SS with no issues and walked off with their Scarface as compensation.

I've had weak and wiggly magnets and some pieces like Pythons seating issues where statues wont stand flush with the base.

Ironically the one piece I didn't have issues with was Shockwave. I'm not a religious person but I was praying to all that was holy that it made it here in one piece. After everything I went through setting him up thank goodness he came perfect. I can only imagine what people could be going through with Jetform Prime.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:46 PM   #162
snakej32
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I can only imagine what people could be going through with Jetform Prime.
Oh man you are right about that! All those pieces on the jetpack alone...

Also I can't believe one of your statues split down the middle because the pieces were too tight, that shouldn't even be possible for what they charge.
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:20 PM   #163
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakej32 View Post
Also I can't believe one of your statues split down the middle because the pieces were too tight, that shouldn't even be possible for what they charge.
In case you're curious how something this expensive splits down the middle, 2 legs and 1 body piece. The legs have machined pegs on the upper inner thighs and they slide into keyholes in the outer lower part of the body. These pegs and holes were very tight to begin with but weren't bad. I have a feeling over the year all the upper weight which this setup supports may have helped in locking/seizing those pegs/holes. I removed all the upper pieces and accessories and when it was time to pop the pegs out from the holes they wouldn't budge. I tried over an hour to carefully wiggle them out. I got 1 leg out and the other snapped. The way it broke caused a gash straight up the side and through the middle body and it cracked into two pieces. If you look at the statue on SS or P1 basically that main body piece split down the side & middle and the leg peg was stuck in the hole.

Worst part was I had a buyer willing to pay 2k + shipping for it all ready to go...

DOTM Optimus's body goes straight down into leg holes. So much simpler.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:28 AM   #164
snakej32
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
In case you're curious how something this expensive splits down the middle, 2 legs and 1 body piece. The legs have machined pegs on the upper inner thighs and they slide into keyholes in the outer lower part of the body. These pegs and holes were very tight to begin with but weren't bad. I have a feeling over the year all the upper weight which this setup supports may have helped in locking/seizing those pegs/holes. I removed all the upper pieces and accessories and when it was time to pop the pegs out from the holes they wouldn't budge. I tried over an hour to carefully wiggle them out. I got 1 leg out and the other snapped. The way it broke caused a gash straight up the side and through the middle body and it cracked into two pieces. If you look at the statue on SS or P1 basically that main body piece split down the side & middle and the leg peg was stuck in the hole.

Worst part was I had a buyer willing to pay 2k + shipping for it all ready to go...

DOTM Optimus's body goes straight down into leg holes. So much simpler.
Thank you for taking the time to explain it, I was planning on asking how it actually happened. What a strange way they chose to design it especially such a heavy piece. That really sucks that happened especially if you had a buyer ready to purchase it.

At least you got the free scarface from sideshow and one of the other transformers pieces had no issues. It is just so surprising to read about so many QC issues with pieces at this price level. I just recently got into statue collecting and from the beginning Prime 1 was touted as being the absolute best in the business and I had to go to this forum before I even got a hint that they had any issues. They have done a great job at projecting an image of consistently flawless statues and it is unfortunate that they only deliver some of the time. And yet prices seem to be steadily increasing along with shipping costs...
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:59 AM   #165
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
The 1/3 JL Superman underarm issue is unacceptable imo, and there's the fact that the JL Batman is larger than the rest in the line. I could have sworn there were other problems with that statue as well.
Actually Batman scales fine with most of the line. He goes well with Cyborg, Flash and Wonder Woman. The issue is that two in the line, being Superman and Aquaman are smaller than the other four. It only blew up recently because most collectors were going in for the Trinity only, and didn’t know that Aquaman which came out awhile ago was also on the small side.

The only real issue for the Batman (other than the likeness of the Affleck Facesculpt) is that the magnets are on the weak side, and a couple of collectors have had the magnets come loose resulting in broken arms. I ended up putting epoxy adhesive in the gaps around the magnets just in case.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:09 AM   #166
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakej32 View Post
What a strange way they chose to design it especially such a heavy piece.
Just for reference most of the P1 Transformers pieces are like that now. I don't own all of them but every piece I've purchased since Ultimate Prime has had the same makeup. LK Megatron's pegs and keyholes were the same but too loose on my first one.

Shockwave comes like this. You have to put both legs into the body which is one piece and heave ho it up onto its base. Those pieces are well over 100+ lbs and top heavy. I had to use my upper knees and chest multiple tries to help balance to get it in. When it was complete I had Driller marks from the base embedded in my hands for hours and bruises all over my legs and chest for a week. Love this hobby.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #167
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wonder what's next from LOTR some really cool creatures that could be made ...Witch King ...Black Riders...Azog
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:51 PM   #168
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Wonder what's next from LOTR some really cool creatures that could be made ...Witch King ...Black Riders...Azog
Azog would be a difference license(Hobbit)
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:23 AM   #169
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Azog would be a difference license(Hobbit)
Ah ok figured they'd have both
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:35 AM   #170
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Ah ok figured they'd have both
Not sure if they do. Someone else is working on a 1/4 Azog, I think it might be Asmus?
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote