Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-23-2020, 06:09 PM   #441
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I'm not defending them. There are many areas that could use improvement. A passion for making statues does not always translate to great business skills. Chad acknowledged that he gets too ambitious with certain things like the Robin base, and will no longer be doing that. I just think multiple posts here, on Facebook, the BBB, and who knows where else is a bit overkill.
Normally, I would agree that it is overkill. However, after conversing with a customer that had issues with Tweeterhead, Chad banned me from posting and then deleted my posts. After that, I had absolutely no interest in continuing any sort of business relationship with Tweeterhead.

I talked with Chad personally back in September. Since then not a single issue has been resolved. And after commiserating with another customer, I'm simply banned. Fine. They have every right to ban me. However, I have every right to my money that they happily accepted--despite the fact that they changed the product after I paid in full.

I would much prefer to deal with professionals. Every other statue company I've ever dealt with has been incredibly helpful and accommodating. This is the ONLY company that has failed on nearly every level.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:37 PM   #442
built2shred
Phoenix

What's BBB?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:54 PM   #443
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Chad and TH have taken some hits of late and many of them self-inflicted. Those of you who wish refunds or a replacement are in a special category and should be accommodated in accordance with the stated rules and understood expectations. That said, I also believe that more than a few of you live just to bellyache. Moan groan moan groan. I sincerely hope you get your respective refunds or replacements and then just puhleeeeze, move on. Never do business with TH directly or ever again, for all I care, but can you please just stop clogging up the forum with your incessant airing of your grievances, ad nauseam ?? Do you actually believe that posting a gazillion carps on the same issue is going to move the needle? Not likely. I consider myself forewarned. TH BAD! I get it. Please stop running it into the ground. I own four TH statues. All have been fine (except for the Wonder Woman jaw seam and I knew of it before I purchased it). I have never ordered from TH and have acquired them all either from my LCS or from an online third party vendor. Works so far. What I see is the same crowd of malcontents and those who have disavowed the company, who only wander into the thread to lob a grenade and smarmily crow. Don't like TH?? Then say so once or twice or so, within reason, and be done with it. After all the badgering I think Chad is becoming the sympathetic figure. Maybe a nice, big, steaming mug of STFU is in order and let him sink or swim on his own merits?? (Once you get your issues resolved, of course) IMHO
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:54 PM   #444
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
What's BBB?
Better Business Bureau
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #445
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
What's BBB?
Big beautiful booty
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:04 AM   #446
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Chad and TH have taken some hits of late and many of them self-inflicted. Those of you who wish refunds or a replacement are in a special category and should be accommodated in accordance with the stated rules and understood expectations. That said, I also believe that more than a few of you live just to bellyache. Moan groan moan groan. I sincerely hope you get your respective refunds or replacements and then just puhleeeeze, move on. Never do business with TH directly or ever again, for all I care, but can you please just stop clogging up the forum with your incessant airing of your grievances, ad nauseam ?? Do you actually believe that posting a gazillion carps on the same issue is going to move the needle? Not likely. I consider myself forewarned. TH BAD! I get it. Please stop running it into the ground. I own four TH statues. All have been fine (except for the Wonder Woman jaw seam and I knew of it before I purchased it). I have never ordered from TH and have acquired them all either from my LCS or from an online third party vendor. Works so far. What I see is the same crowd of malcontents and those who have disavowed the company, who only wander into the thread to lob a grenade and smarmily crow. Don't like TH?? Then say so once or twice or so, within reason, and be done with it. After all the badgering I think Chad is becoming the sympathetic figure. Maybe a nice, big, steaming mug of STFU is in order and let him sink or swim on his own merits?? (Once you get your issues resolved, of course) IMHO
Well said, my good man.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:40 AM   #447
slow17motion
The Spirit

I would love to cut all ties with TH and never have anything to do with them ever again. As soon as I'm fully reimbursed, I vow to never post on this section of the forum ever again. If I ever wanted a TH statue, I would definitely buy from Sideshow or BBTS. Sideshow has the better customer service, but BBTS is no joke.

Spec Fiction is great, but I feel like I uses SF exclusively for my XM purchases.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:45 AM   #448
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
The original base was supposed to be an EX for Robin that could include Batgirl, Batman, and Robin, as you stated. This fell through when they saw the orders didn't line up with what they'd hoped.

Throughout this entire ordeal, the description on the website remains the same (indicating that the EX base will fit Batman, Robin, and Batgirl).
That's not really what the website description says - not that I'm saying it wasn't ever said. I don't know. I recall that I thought the same thing at some point. The site says "The Tweeterhead Exclusive is the ONLY place to get the exclusive base addition to pair up your Batman, Robin and Batgirl".

A "base addition" is really vague and I also recall there being confusion/speculation as to what that might be. I am not sure when that turned into a base that would fit all three statues.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:06 PM   #449
slow17motion
The Spirit

He came out and said it was a piece that would accommodate all three. Then he announced that that was no longer the case last year in a video.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:57 PM   #450
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
He came out and said it was a piece that would accommodate all three. Then he announced that that was no longer the case last year in a video.
There is a logistical reason, but I will have him explain it on Wednesday.

I do recall initially Chad had stated it was to be a base to fit all three. As the project progressed it became a bit more obvious that he may have misspoke. Yes he admits that he was somewhat overambitious but at the time is seemed like a great idea. The explanation is so simple but not for me to say.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote