Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #1981
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpl88 View Post
the hear sculpt, shown by the unpainted digital render on the sculptor's online portfolio, is actually not bad. I think the heavy eyeshadow paint job made it look worse than it is.
I do feel however the body sculpt feels a little unnatural. The upper body is twisting or rotating tooo much in relation to the hip IMHO...that or I am just tooo old and stiff myself hahahaha
The body sculpt is phenomenal that image i think is just slightly distorting psylockes proportion relative to the others.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:58 PM   #1982
drpl88
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
The body sculpt is phenomenal that image i think is just slightly distorting psylockes proportion to the others.
yeah maybe. It's always hard to assess a 3d sculpt on 2d pictures. That's why I think sideshow should include a short video clip to preview their new preorders along with pictures.
drpl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #1983
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
yeah maybe. It's always hard to assess a 3d sculpt on 2d pictures. That's why I think sideshow should include a short video clip to preview their new preorders along with pictures.
yeah i agree, i like the way p1 does it.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #1984
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
yeah would nice is SS included a video, currently only video clips we have are from NYCC. I trust high res convention videos/pics much more than SS's own staged/production pics. They always seem to have something lacking in all of their staged photos.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #1985
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I trust high res convention videos/pics much more than SS's own staged/production pics. They always seem to have something lacking in all of their staged photos.
Sad but true
Old 04-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #1986
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I wanted this with the original head sculpt so bad. I already have Emma on PO. Would have looked good together.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #1987
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
The same ppl continue to bash this. They must be really bored or get self esteem convincing themselves not to like this. We get it fellas now go away and wait til release.
Pretty much, reinforces my disappointment of psylocke, I've never really hated this replacement portrait but coming here helps me to maintain that disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
and where is that? The face is better than most, and light years better than the faces of a couple years ago
Old 04-18-2019, 05:36 AM   #1988
Foxgod
Justice League

I cancelled this Psylocke, i am happy enough with the comiquette i already have.
Besides, Elektra got delayed and will be released around the same time as Psylocke.

Both Elektra and Psylocke around the same time punches too much of a financial hole.
And since i already have a good Psylocke, and dont like the face/neck, il pass.

Looking forward to Elektra, she looks smashing!
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:36 AM   #1989
Foxgod
Justice League

I cancelled this Psylocke, i am happy enough with the comiquette i already have.
Besides, Elektra got delayed and will be released around the same time as Psylocke.

Both Elektra and Psylocke around the same time punches too much of a financial hole.
And since i already have a good Psylocke, and dont like the face/neck, il pass.

Looking forward to Elektra, she looks smashing!
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #1990
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Psylocke and Elektra are both great looking pieces and I will be picking up. Don't mind the delays these days to help soften the wallet blows.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote