Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: How long before Lady Death EX PF sells out?
Less than 1 week 40 28.37%
1 to 2 weeks 26 18.44%
2 to 4 weeks 23 16.31%
1 to 3 months 24 17.02%
Longer than 3 months 28 19.86%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #931
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
I knew it!! With all the leather and S&M nuances, it should've been obvious!
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #932
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
I knew it!! With all the leather and S&M nuances, it should've been obvious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm with you on this one; Ryan, whats Derek referring to Leather and what is S & M? a new sex code ?????
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #933
Dark69
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

lol i think he was joking about her "coming out" as in her being gay but she's not....yet anyway, but with as low quality as her story and art is new days they may make her lez just to try and make a dime or 2 more.
Dark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #934
Frayhor
Sinister Six

The exclusive is back in pre-order and less than 10 remain according to the sideshow website... so if you missed it that's your chance
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #935
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

How kinda disheartening it is to see it back in stock when it was a big deal (for me) to get it preordered on day one =/
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #936
604comics
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
The exclusive is back in pre-order and less than 10 remain according to the sideshow website... so if you missed it that's your chance
Is this common? My wait list got converted a couple of weeks ago but is it common for a pre-order to sell out for a while and then be available again? I guess demand wasn't as high, they couldn't even sell 750 of the exclusive version, even though I think it's a pretty wicked piece. There's also no flex payment option for this so that could be contributing to the lack of sales.
604comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #937
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604comics View Post
Is this common? My wait list got converted a couple of weeks ago but is it common for a pre-order to sell out for a while and then be available again? I guess demand wasn't as high, they couldn't even sell 750 of the exclusive version, even though I think it's a pretty wicked piece. There's also no flex payment option for this so that could be contributing to the lack of sales.
I've heard conspiracy theories that Sideshow creates false sell outs to create panic amongst buyers who would rather get on a waitlist than have something pre-ordered outright. But I have no idea if that's true or not.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #938
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
The flex pay option goes away when it sells out. I doubt this is a fake sellout. It's been soldout for a while and it didn't take a long time for it to sellout.

More likely people are overextending themselves and know their flex payment schedule is about to start.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #939
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
I've heard conspiracy theories that Sideshow creates false sell outs to create panic amongst buyers who would rather get on a waitlist than have something pre-ordered outright. But I have no idea if that's true or not.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
How kinda disheartening it is to see it back in stock when it was a big deal (for me) to get it preordered on day one =/
Part of the hobby, especially at this time of the year. Sideshow seems to push out more and more product at the end of the year, probably due to "present" season. Lots of pre-orders, and in turn lots of cancellations. Why be upset about a product being back in stock? You still have yours on pre-order. It shouldn't lessen the appreciation of having one. Unless there was some other intention in buying the piece.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #940
DiscoCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Part of the hobby, especially at this time of the year. Sideshow seems to push out more and more product at the end of the year, probably due to "present" season. Lots of pre-orders, and in turn lots of cancellations. Why be upset about a product being back in stock? You still have yours on pre-order. It shouldn't lessen the appreciation of having one. Unless there was some other intention in buying the piece.
Admittedly it's that the four year old in me likes knowing that I have something that others don't. When I see something sold out, I'm happy; when I see it back in stock, I'm a sad panda =(