Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #61
Frankierock
Inhumans

Here is the problem I see with this entire situation. To me it seems that Bloomberg is on a witch hunt...Granted Soda is so bad for you, but so are alot of other things...

I have a 5 year old son, Take a look at Kids drinks...Juice boxes, Hi-C...etc...Those things are just as Bad, if not worse because you are led to think that giving your kids Juice is good for them, when it really is not (The actual fruit is what's good for them) There is a ton of Sugar in them, Plus you are starting them off at such a young age with junk. How about things like Mac and Cheese in a Box, because it has "Cheese" which is normally good for you...Or Chef BoyArdee stating a Full Serving of Veggies in every Can...But leave out that god knows how much Salt is in there or the fact it's food from a CAN!

Then you have Mcdonalds, and other fast food places offering Dollar menu's and have KIDS meals with toys to get people in..It's all Crap!!!

People need to be educated and that's the bottom line, it should not be up to the government on what to cut out and what not to. There are far to many things out there that are harmful if over consumed. So what gives him the right to Cut Soda and not the others? Someone not giving him a cut?

And let's all not forget that people today are stuck on the Couch/Computer and Etc... more then ever before....When was the last time you saw a schoolyard full of kids playing (When school is out)

Here is a novel Idea, Start educationg the people on the Effects of all bad food not just some...Start showing some commercials like those Cigarette ads about bad food and drinks...And maybe spend some of that Tax $$ on opening more Rec Centers and Parks for the kids to play in...That would be a start in the right direction.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #62
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Here is the problem I see with this entire situation. To me it seems that Bloomberg is on a witch hunt...Granted Soda is so bad for you, but so are alot of other things...

I have a 5 year old son, Take a look at Kids drinks...Juice boxes, Hi-C...etc...Those things are just as Bad, if not worse because you are led to believe that giving your kids Juice is good for them, when it really is not. There is a ton of Sugar in them, and you are starting them off at such a young age. Or Mac and Cheese in a Box, because it has "Cheese" which is normally good for you...Or Chef BoyArdee stating a Full Serving of Veggies in every Can...But leave out that god knows how much Salt is in there or the fact it's food from a CAN!

Then you have Mcdonalds, and other fast food places offering Dollar menu's and have KIDS meals with toys to get people in..It's all Crap!!!

People need to be educated and that's the bottom line, it should not be up to the government on what to cut out and what not to. There are far to many things out there that are harmful if over consumed. So what gives him the right to Cut Soda and not the others? Someone not giving him a cut?

And let's all not forget that people today are stuck on the couch/Computer then ever before....

Here is a novel Idea, Start educationg the people on the Effects of all bad food not just some...Start showing some commercials like those Cigarette ads about bad food and drinks...And maybe spend some of that Tax $$ on opening more Rec Centers and Parks for the kids to play in...That would be a start in the right direction.
Then why not tax the hell out of sodas like they do cigs?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #63
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Then why not tax the hell out of sodas like they do cigs?
Same reasons as I stated, why just Soda and not the other harmful products?
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #64
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Same reasons as I stated, why just Soda and not the other harmful products?
tax by caloric intake or salt content. Wouldn't that be a fun debate to listen to.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #65
antnie
I am da law!

I like my $.89 44oz coke, thankfully I live in Cali lol.
Sorry fellow NYC soda connoisseurs.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #66
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm tryin' to wean myself off of Mtn. Dew, but that means I'd turn to coffee for my placebo Dew fix... and coffee's grossly available everywhere I hang my hat (if I wore one, which I don't.. ), while MD isn't.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote