Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Black Adam vs The X-Men
Black Adam. But its not easy 22 44.00%
The Uncanny X-Men. But its not easy. 28 56.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #151
Raven1014
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Well the thread never limited who was on the team. Perhaps you should put together a team that BA can kill after all there are a lot of X-men or former X-men running around these days.
Like I said, I am going off of any prior incarnation of the team. At no point were all of these individuals on one team. So that's why I said, just throw every person that's ever been affiliated.

As it is, even if BA is defeated you are looking at about 3/4 of whoever you throw at him getting killed. Any one of them without some sort of healing factor or body armor would be dead in seconds. Someone like Cyclops might be in great shape for a human being, but BA could snap his neck with the flick of his fingers.
Raven1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #152
Raven1014
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
The problem that Rogue had was when she would absorb a person power she not only took their power but in essence became like that person even down to their physical aspects (like if she touch Nightcrawler she turn blue and grow a tail) Memories, emotions and power would come flooding in and she would temporarily be confused but would regain her in few minutes.

It wasn't that cut and dried. Rogue could be completely consumed be stronger personalities. She came to the X-Men because the residual memories were driving her crazy. When she absorbed Professor X's power she almost had a complete meltdown and needed to be eased through it by Cyclops. She was completely overwhelmed when she touched a Dire Wraith. She couldn't handle being abused in Genosha and mentally withdrew and allowed the Carol Danvers psyche to take over. If anything, I'd say her ability to handle the personalilites is her biggest weakness and far from something she would shake off in a few minutes.
Raven1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #153
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
OK I pick Dark Phoenix unleased and Franklin Richards Celestial level. Oh yeah and Rogue to.since she can steal more than one power.
They are going down.

Rogue, Rogue, Rogue...

you can't dry the oceans with just one sponge.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #154
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1014 View Post
Like I said, I am going off of any prior incarnation of the team. At no point were all of these individuals on one team. So that's why I said, just throw every person that's ever been affiliated.

As it is, even if BA is defeated you are looking at about 3/4 of whoever you throw at him getting killed. Any one of them without some sort of healing factor or body armor would be dead in seconds. Someone like Cyclops might be in great shape for a human being, but BA could snap his neck with the flick of his fingers.
I think we are going around in circles on this. I never said Adam couldn't do damaged, hell he might kill all non bullet proof X-men in the first five minutes. The thread said could they do it and I say yeah they can.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #155
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
They are going down.

Rogue, Rogue, Rogue...

you can't dry the oceans with just one sponge.
Ha ha ha ha you are a funny guy.Name:  hilarious.gif
Views: 22
Size:  34.3 KB
Old 07-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #156
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1014 View Post
It wasn't that cut and dried. Rogue could be completely consumed be stronger personalities. She came to the X-Men because the residual memories were driving her crazy. When she absorbed Professor X's power she almost had a complete meltdown and needed to be eased through it by Cyclops. She was completely overwhelmed when she touched a Dire Wraith. She couldn't handle being abused in Genosha and mentally withdrew and allowed the Carol Danvers psyche to take over. If anything, I'd say her ability to handle the personalilites is her biggest weakness and far from something she would shake off in a few minutes.
Yes I know all of this about Rogue but even though she is taken for a loop the person she touched is in even worst shape and the idea of the thread is to find out who wins.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #157
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
I never said Dark Phoenix was on the team I said Phoenix (the good one with Jean in control) and she did have that power and she was was on the "team". The more she used that power the more the Dark Phoenix came out. And what was shown wasn't even the full Phoenix Force, it was what Jean's body could handle without being consumed. You can't pick and choose who's off the team if that character is going to beat Adam. The thread said X-men and there are so many of them past and present, it never said a certain group only.

As far as Franklin and Proteus if you re-read my post I was referring to mutants only who are at cosmic levels or very heavy hitters like Franklin and Proteus.
That just shows you have no idea what you're even arguing against.

For the record, to prove that you just change your argument whenever it suits-

Juzzy asked HJF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Would you think Dark Phoenix counts as an "X-Man" HJF?
To which Nick replied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Not in my book. It's a cosmic entity and for the record she'd eat him. He's NO WHERE near that power level. When I mentioned the stomping statement. I was referring to normal characters.
You then quoted his message and said:

Quote:
Whether you like it or not she is/was on the team. Teth Adams powers are borrowed so why for Jean? And can include mutants period that would do evil to Black Adam. Franklin Richards or Mutant X (Proteus) are very dangerous, too dangerous for Adam to deal with.
So you WERE stating that Dark Phoenix was on the team, so when you say things like:

Quote:
I never said Dark Phoenix was on the team I said Phoenix (the good one with Jean in control) and she did have that power and she was was on the "team". The more she used that power the more the Dark Phoenix came out. And what was shown wasn't even the full Phoenix Force, it was what Jean's body could handle without being consumed. You can't pick and choose who's off the team if that character is going to beat Adam. The thread said X-men and there are so many of them past and present, it never said a certain group only.
You are not only talking rubbish, you accuse me of ‘picking and choosing’ who can be on the team when I was just calling out your mistake.

For your info, I didn’t even vote until you started your crusade as always. Someone could say the grass was greener in the DCU and present you with evidence and you’d find someway of refuting it. You try and bully everyone else’s opinion and quote every post to refute every point. And worse yet, you say you aren’t biased when Tet proved that you vote for Marvel every single time there is a vs poll. I don’t mind people who are ignorant about other characters voting for who they like. But when people can’t even accept that they might be wrong it annoys me. If you look over this post, my arguments were suppositions, whereas you treat yours like fact.

So whatever, you want to keep doing this and sapping the fun out of the vs threads, you do that, but I won’t vote in another one of these because you turn this into your own crusade when it should be fun.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #158
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

Juzzy asked HJF:

To which Nick replied:

So you WERE stating that Dark Phoenix was on the team, so when you say things like:

You are not only talking rubbish, you accuse me of ‘picking and choosing’ who can be on the team when I was just calling out your mistake.

For your info, I didn’t even vote until you started your crusade as always. Someone could say the grass was greener in the DCU and present you with evidence and you’d find someway of refuting it. You try and bully everyone else’s opinion and quote every post to refute every point. And worse yet, you say you aren’t biased when Tet proved that you vote for Marvel every single time there is a vs poll. I don’t mind people who are ignorant about other characters voting for who they like. But when people can’t even accept that they might be wrong it annoys me. If you look over this post, my arguments were suppositions, whereas you treat yours like fact.

So whatever, you want to keep doing this and sapping the fun out of the vs threads, you do that, but I won’t vote in another one of these because you turn this into your own crusade when it should be fun

LOL! If I weren't married and you were a chick I'd be in LOVE!!!!!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #159
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

Juzzy asked HJF:

To which Nick replied:

So whatever, you want to keep doing this and sapping the fun out of the vs threads, you do that, but I won’t vote in another one of these because you turn this into your own crusade when it should be fun.
Sigh, here we go again. Rich this is nothing personal but how many times must I set my statements straight? I know exactly what I'm arguing for and I said Phoenix not Dark Phoenix, there is a difference and yes Jean with that power was on the team. The same team that humiliated the Imperial Guard. If you want to start a thread with no Jean on the team then start one, otherwise she's on the team. If I recall correctly I was mostly arguing Rogue's position, I had hardly brought up Phoenix and if she's thrown in the mix then that changes things a bit. The thread never said no Jean/Grey Phoenix on the team it just said Xmen.

I said repeatedly and I'll say it again I can put together a team that BA would slaughter and I can put together a winning team. I offered my point of view and gave reasons and explainations to my arguments. Can BA win? He sure can, Can the Xmen win? They sure can.

I'm so sorry that you're upset that I don't think the grass is any "greener" in DC than it is in Marvel. I like both companies but I don't place DC characters any higher than Marvel's or vice versa. DC has some great characters that I like and BA is one of them but you seem to overlook that statement. There is no bullying here and I apologize that you read it that way. I just like to state what I've read about both parties. When a poster states than BA would win and the Xmen have no chance then I'll take exception to that statement if I know what the Xmen have done in the past. You should have fun debating your point if you believe BA can win and in the end we all have fun because we like comics.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #160
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
LOL! If I weren't married and you were a chick I'd be in LOVE!!!!!
Congratulations, you two would make a fine couple. Matching lantern masks and rings.