Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who Would win Magneto or Iron Man
Magneto 24 80.00%
Iron Man 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #71
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

how did the fights go down in AvsX 1? Can't be bothered to buy the issue...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #72
ftrain1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Iron Man ends up siphoning power from Jupiter to launch Magneto in to space where they do battle. Magneto makes armor out of satellites and starts collecting power from all over space. However, then Mags senses the Phoenix destroy a planet and the sudden extinction of life makes him think the entire struggle is trivial. So he lets Iron Man punch him and return to earth while Magneto floats around in space. He doesn't bother using an EMP during any part of the fight despite Iron Man admitting that an EMP would have taken him out. He had plenty of opportunities to but decided to instead drop a building and walk away or just play rock em sock em robots with Iron Man. Magneto has apparently become infected with stupidity while hanging out with the X-Men.

Namor and Thing fight in the ocean. Despite being underwater, Ben hears all of Namor's smack talk. Namor swings a giant fish at the Thing. For some unexplained bizarre reason, Namor is more hurt by throwing the fish than Ben is by being hit by the fish. So Ben rips two teeth out of the fish's mouth and traps Namor with the teeth. So the book grants Ben the win by default. Although, as he's walking back to land, you see Namor flying out of the water in the background.

In the recent Uncanny X-Men, Colossunaut takes on Rulk. Colossunaut's armor morphs underwater that helps give him an advantage, but they start damaging a pillar that's holding up Utopia. Rulk is all but out, but instead of just knocking out Rulk or throwing him away from Utopia, Colossunaut decides the only way to ends this is by letting Rulk beat the crap out of him and go back to helping the Avengers beat the crap out of his friends.

I don't understand the X-Men all of the sudden just wanting to give up and letting themselves get pummeled. If Magneto had a change of heart, he could have just shut down Iron Man and then stopped everyone else fighting by himself. He froze all of the X-Men before with his magnetic fields at Ilyana's funeral, so he should be able to do it again and force everyone to talk. Also, if Colossunaut didn't want to endanger everyone by staying as Juggernaut, he could have first beaten Rulk and then come back to the surface as regular fat and bald Colossus. The Namor loss was just ridiculous. There was no part of that fight that made sense. With the 3 most powerful X-Men losing, it doesn't matter if the rest of the X-Men win all of the other fights. The rest of the X-Men all would lose against the Hulk alone as seen in World War Hulk. I don't see why the writers decided to make it so lopsided already in the beginning.
ftrain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #73
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Wow.. that sounds like horrible writing and editing, to me.

Response to Spoilers (IE, Spoilers below):

Oh.. and Hulk bent Piotr's arms when he fought him in WWH; Hulk tells him that at one time he (Piotr) would've given him pause, but no longer, so.. yeah.. he bent his arms (since they're of a "metal" alloy), and then continued to trash about 30 mutants (three teams or so).

No way would Namor and Mags be defeated so easily. Colossus vs. Rulk would be a toss-up, but Piotr's no wuss.

I'm glad I didn't read this.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #74
ftrain1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Oh I remember Hulk -----ing around Colossus during WWH. But what you fail to realize is that Colossus is much fatter and balder now. So you can't expect the same outcome. Now, Hulk would probably do a 3 Stooges defeat of Colossus and smack his bald head and then poke him in the eyes while Colossus go, "Whoop whoop whoop!"
ftrain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #75
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrain1 View Post
Namor swings a giant fish at the Thing.
this alone is almost enough to make me buy the issue
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #76
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Oh I remember Hulk -----ing around Colossus during WWH. But what you fail to realize is that Colossus is much fatter and balder now. So you can't expect the same outcome. Now, Hulk would probably do a 3 Stooges defeat of Colossus and smack his bald head and then poke him in the eyes while Colossus go, "Whoop whoop whoop!"

Fair enough.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #77
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Despite being underwater, Ben hears all of Namor's smack talk.
I love this quote!

Do Editors really do anything anymore???
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #78
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #79
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Wow, this is an old thread
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #80
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Magneto easily. What's next? The Human Torch against Damp Cloth Guy?

Tony's smart enough to take Mags down, the question is.. would Mags allow him the time to do so?

It's Magneto, so... probably not.