Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 08-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Batman Arkham Knight Statue

DC Collectibles just revealed this via their 'Spoiler Alert' on Facebook.

Coming March 2015.

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

What I find most interesting about this is that DCC seems to be abandoning the B&W theme of the original Arkham releases entirely. I already cancelled Nurse Harley and won't be buying B&W Ivy- but that's only because I'm waiting for their colored variants.

Having the colored versions upfront is great for me, but it does make me feel bad for those that were only collecting the B&W versions...
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoria_hotel View Post
What I find most interesting about this is that DCC seems to be abandoning the B&W theme of the original Arkham releases entirely. I already cancelled Nurse Harley and won't be buying B&W Ivy- but that's only because I'm waiting for their colored variants.

Having the colored versions upfront is great for me, but it does make me feel bad for those that were only collecting the B&W versions...
Not sure why you think they are "abandoning" the B&W theme. There are still three upcoming statues with the same color-scheme as the previous releases.

There is more evidence that they are continuing with the same look than there is evidence that every Arkham statue released so far will get a colored variant.

I don't think the release of a colored "Arkham Knight" statue is necessarily a statement on what they are doing with their current line (if anything).

I'm not sure I'd lump this "Arkham Knight" statue in the same line as the current "Arkham" line, anyway. Mainly because it looks terrible, IMO.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I can see them just starting to do the line in color. But three Batmans in a young line? DCD is very ficke so they might just abandon the B&W. They have done it before several times(just drop lines with no word). And I think the big attention to the color variants might have made them reconsider.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #5
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Not sure why you think they are "abandoning" the B&W theme. There are still three upcoming statues with the same color-scheme as the previous releases.
There's also three upcoming statues w/ full color: Catwoman, Armored Batman, and now the latest Arkham Knight Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
There is more evidence that they are continuing with the same look than there is evidence that every Arkham statue released so far will get a colored variant.
I'd say that's highly debatable. I just think that the sudden influx of colored variants, the popularity of re-colored Harley, and now the reveal of the full-color Arkham Knight Bats point to the opposite of what you're saying.

Meh, I'd actually be happiest if they continued both B&W and color concurrently.
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

The monochrome look is specific to Arkham City and its teaser art, so I'm not surprised to see them switch to full-color for an Arkham Knight Batman statue. I don't think it necessarily means they're abandoning the monochrome line. We'll just have to see what they announce over the next few months and if they stick to Arkham Knight going forward.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
The monochrome look is specific to Arkham City and its teaser art, so I'm not surprised to see them switch to full-color for an Arkham Knight Batman statue. I don't think it necessarily means they're abandoning the monochrome line. We'll just have to see what they announce over the next few months and if they stick to Arkham Knight going forward.
Could just be that the "Arkham Knight" line will be in full color and the City/Asylum ones stay monochrome.....

I am not going to suggest that DCD is quick enough on the up take to switch gears to a colored line due to fan interest; if anything they will go for the double dip.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #8
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

The other thing to consider is that the piece may be stand alone. Doesn't even fit on the base from what I can see. Not a fan of the statue or the A.K. Bat armor in general.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #9
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoria_hotel View Post
There's also three upcoming statues w/ full color: Catwoman, Armored Batman, and now the latest Arkham Knight Batman.
Two of which are colored retailer-exclusive reissues. The other is giving no indication it's even in the same line as the others (I'd say it's not).

Quote:
I'd say that's highly debatable. I just think that the sudden influx of colored variants, the popularity of re-colored Harley, and now the reveal of the full-color Arkham Knight Bats point to the opposite of what you're saying.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I see three more statues coming out in the line in the same style as the previous 7. To me, that doesn't seem like they are "abandoning" the original style. So, there are 10 released/announced statues in the original style and 3 released/announced variants. That hardly sounds like they've abandoned anything.

Didn't the SDCC Harley exclusive have an ES of 500? I have to assume DC sold way more than 500 of the original version. I'm not sure you can say that the variant is more popular because it sold through a very low ES (especially for DC and that character).

Even if this Arkham Knight statue were more B&W, I don't think it would fit in with the existing line.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #10
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Anyone else notice how absolutely horrible this statue looks?
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote