Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #181
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The worst bishoujo of all time (the other being R Mika).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #182
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Here is the pic they used to announce the DRS storm statue. Doesnt mean anything but if we want to assume they use this as a reference then it will be Jim lee costume (like the others), color some sort of grey, and they want to incorporate lightning and flying.

Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #183
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
Don't worry Phil, I hear you. I'm sure storm will come out great and at the end, everyone will suspend their judgement, and we'll all be rejoicing on yet another great DRS release. Always think positive and block out the noise
I was just messing around, but that's very nice of you. I appreciate the emotional support. Yes, indeed...sage advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
I always think it's a bit weird when people start to take this stuff a bit too seriously. It's all just opinions, if you don't want to read opinions, I think forums might not be the best place to talk.

I'd love a silver version, but if it comes out white and it's great I'll still get it. But to expect people not to speculate, argue, debate and have a bit of fun about new sculpts is a little naive in my opinion.

Part of the reason most of us post on a forum is because we want to hear the opposing viewpoints and differing views.
Just joshin...I don't care what color she is. I just think the "debate" ran its course pages ago. By all means, though...rock that ----. I'll just wait for the reveal.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #184
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
okay what kind of silver are we rooting for? silver grey? silver chrome? gun metal silver? white silver? sparkling silver? matte silver?
Silver Grey, and by that, a dusty grey with a little shine. Nothing super chromed like Colossus.

I think it has real potential to pop if done right.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:56 PM   #185
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post

Just joshin...I don't care what color she is. I just think the "debate" ran its course pages ago. By all means, though...rock that ----. I'll just wait for the reveal.
We're statue geeks man, our debates never end

If I'm honest with myself, while I would prefer silver, if the sculpt knocks it out the f'ing park then I'll be buying whatever colour she is.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #186
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Silver Grey, and by that, a dusty grey with a little shine. Nothing super chromed like Colossus.

I think it has real potential to pop if done right.
White has more potential to pop. In fact it will definitely pop when lined up with the other X-Men (see below). I know, I know, you say white is not comic book actuate, but it's hard to tell the true color with so many variations of shading in each comic panel. Sometimes it looks grey, sometimes silver, white, and even shiny black.

I'll continue to campaign for white, because it just looks better to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trinity_by_marvelboy1974-d9iovam.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	475.3 KB
ID:	103603  
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:15 PM   #187
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
We're statue geeks man, our debates never end
Can't debate that.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #188
Naru
Mephisto

In all honesty , more than happy to see Storm get the DRS treatment more than anything else. Like mentioned earlier would definitely prefer the white costume but apart from just preference going by Koto's track record of paint jobs , i just feel that even if the production pieces turn out flat compared to the prototype the white would look better than a silver since metallic colours are tricky if not done properly.
Would always hope for Koto to up their game on their paint jobs and not have to worry about that issue with this line moving forward and with the revival of the DRS series it's given the Fine Art Line a new life. So hoping for the best. Cheers guys
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #189
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
Here is the bushijo one they did for storm. They did it in 2 colors (white/black). I doubt they will do that for the DRS version. I wonder if they will incorporate lightning with sentinel base or wind somehow or both.

My problem with white is that it turns to be yellowish if displayed for a long time. especially for tropical countries like where I live.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:05 PM   #190
Penne
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
I've been requesting Storm for a very long time, and hopefully together we can get some attention on this. Gonk, Erik we need the Jim Lee version to display with the other X-Men. BTW the new Rogue is phenomenal!!!
*waves* Sweet there's someone from the D.C. Metro Area in here.

I'm also very excited for Storm and I also have the Rogue one as well. I'm really loving this hobby and this announcement!
Penne is offline   Reply With Quote