Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #41
Mark brooks
Artist
Producer

Hey guys,
Thanks for the good words from those that had nice things to say. The auction started at 99 cents with no reserve and I always go in with no expectations so I'm as surprised as the rest of you. My regular commission price is $400 for pencils, inks, and copic greyscaled marker and I have no plans to increase my sketch price so I think it's affordable for most folks. I also sketch for free for kids and do signing sessions at nearly every show for Marvel where I sketch free for whoever walks up and asks.
As far as the auctions goes, the 11X17 is put in only as a beginning size. Now that the winner of the auction is going to be paying $3000 or more for their piece, I will be drawing it much larger that 11X17. For instance, the White Queen shown as a sample piece in the auction was drawn at 13X24" and the woman cooking in the kitchen was drawn at 13X19". While I am only obligated to draw a single character on 11X17" paper, I am a firm believer in giving someone their monies worth and will always go above and beyond to make people happy with what they purchase.
As I've said on this site previously, I've never had a dissatisfied client and I sure as hell don't plan to start now=)

On another note, I will be at booth #4403 throughout San Diego Comic Con so please come by and say hello if you're attending. I'll have a ton of new stuff including my new art book and a bunch of new prints. It's always good to meet you guys in person so I hope to see you in a few days.

Thanks!
-Mark

Last edited by Mark brooks; 07-06-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Mark brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #42
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Just wanna say, that Phoenix was inspiring to say the least!! N makes me hate Imma poor bastid lol
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #43
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark brooks View Post
Hey guys,
Thanks for the good words from those that had nice things to say. The auction started at 99 cents with no reserve and I always go in with no expectations so I'm as surprised as the rest of you. My regular commission price is $400 for pencils, inks, and copic greyscaled marker and I have no plans to increase my sketch price so I think it's affordable for most folks. I also sketch for free for kids and do signing sessions at nearly every show for Marvel where I sketch free for whoever walks up and asks.
As far as the auctions goes, the 11X17 is put in only as a beginning size. Now that the winner of the auction is going to be paying $3000 or more for their piece, I will be drawing it much larger that 11X17. For instance, the White Queen shown as a sample piece in the auction was drawn at 13X24" and the woman cooking in the kitchen was drawn at 13X19". While I am only obligated to draw a single character on 11X17" paper, I am a firm believer in giving someone their monies worth and will always go above and beyond to make people happy with what they purchase.
As I've said on this site previously, I've never had a dissatisfied client and I sure as hell don't plan to start now=)

On another note, I will be at booth #4403 throughout San Diego Comic Con so please come by and say hello if you're attending. I'll have a ton of new stuff including my new art book and a bunch of new prints. It's always good to meet you guys in person so I hope to see you in a few days.

Thanks!
-Mark

Great stuff Mark - I wish you the best on this auction. Great info on the size aspect of the commission - I would not have picked that up from the sample pics. I am really anxious to see what the winner has you do for their commission.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #44
Mercenary Art
U talkin' to me?

Hi Mark will be stopping by to say hi in a few days at SDCC.
Mercenary Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #45
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks!
-Mark
awesome stuff Mark. hopefully catch you at Pittsburgh next year.
goingbroke223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #46
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks!
-Mark
That's totally cool of you to change the size for the lucky winner! I'm curious to see what they pick.

What's a girl gotta do to get you to come to Baltimore or Philly (my closest con options)? I'd love to meet you in person and take my first crack at your list

Keep kickin art a$$ and safe and fun SDCC!

--Lindsey
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #47
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Hey Mark, does your list open up on Thursday?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #48
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Hey Mark, does your list open up on Thursday?
Good question. I need to get on the list just in case Mark gets tired of drawing women and feels like drawing the Hulk.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #49
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Good question. I need to get on the list just in case Mark gets tired of drawing women and feels like drawing the Hulk.
Just wait, he will be doing an awesome Planet Hulk sketch in about a year at the next Heroes Con......right Mark.........

And I will just throw in that my experiences with Mark at Heroes Con is that he is always happy to talk to his fans and is as friendly as can be as is his wife and son. Is your family going with you to SDCC? Figure your son can do some more sketches and show the old man up again.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #50
freeform
The Spirit

It's great that he has some opportunities for those of us with without unlimited means. I'll not likely be at the right place and time, but the chance is there, which actually means a lot to me, knowing I'm not completely shut out. I appreciate that
freeform is offline   Reply With Quote