Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #601
COI

What annoys me is that people seem to forget that this is all subjective. So the people who are financially and emotionally invested in the older expensive pieces think the people who like the new pieces are trying to devalue the OGs or are "settling", and the people who like the new pieces accuse the OG owners of trying to crap all over the new stuff to protect their precious.

Two sides of the same dumb coin. It would be nice if people could just buy what they like and enjoy it without having to justify and defend their purchases to everyone else by declaring that they have the best. And it's not just in statues, you see this with all consumer products.

It's so annoying. Just STFU and enjoy yourself, because no one really cares which Venom you have in your collection, nor should they. And the good news is, regardless of which Venom you buy, we'll all be dead in 100 years. So cheers to both Venoms, and to the XM Venom, and to everyone who ever had or ever will have a Venom.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #602
SONICobra
Batman

youre nuts bro, one is clearly better than the other. theres no way people are allowed to have their own opinion, let alone about something art related. this is the future, conform or get left in the past...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #603
Timothy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
What annoys me is that people seem to forget that this is all subjective. So the people who are financially and emotionally invested in the older expensive pieces think the people who like the new pieces are trying to devalue the OGs or are "settling", and the people who like the new pieces accuse the OG owners of trying to crap all over the new stuff to protect their precious.

Two sides of the same dumb coin. It would be nice if people could just buy what they like and enjoy it without having to justify and defend their purchases to everyone else by declaring that they have the best. And it's not just in statues, you see this with all consumer products.

It's so annoying. Just STFU and enjoy yourself, because no one really cares which Venom you have in your collection, nor should they. And the good news is, regardless of which Venom you buy, we'll all be dead in 100 years. So cheers to both Venoms, and to the XM Venom, and to everyone who ever had or ever will have a Venom.
Well said... I think this Venom is terrific and will purchase it. That statement does not take anything away from the other Venom statues. I can enjoy multiple artists unique interpretations of this character.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #604
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
youre nuts bro, one is clearly better than the other. theres no way people are allowed to have their own opinion, let alone about something art related. this is the future, conform or get left in the past...
Nah brah, if it ain't a grail, it's a fail. Grailzzz for life son. OG Sideshow4life, nothing will ever be as good as it was back in the golden age, 5 whole years ago. If it costs more cheddah, you know it's bettah.

#GRAILZ
#GETONMYLEVEL
Old 10-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #605
SONICobra
Batman

best hashtags EVAR
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:48 PM   #606
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
It's so annoying. Just STFU
A little heavy, no?
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:53 PM   #607
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Agreed. These new pieces are so much better. You should take a hammer to those old comiquettes. Shameful.
Not gonna try and start a vs. war here, but I agree almost 100%. If someone can please tell me what the hell the Original Venom and especially Carnage comiquettes were supposed to be doing...maybe I'd have a better appreciation for them. I actually owned both of them at one point, and this was IMO in SS's give more for less days...and solid heavier feeling statues...not the current eggshell thin crap.

Always thought the Venom was OVERRATED!!! BUT....THIS ONE AINT THAT MUCH BETTER!...in fact...I think I like this one less. Like someone else said, this is a pose more befitting of a Planet of the Apes character or Beast from the XMen!!!

Carnage is leaps and bounds better above that original comiquette its not funny. I would equate the new SS Carnage makes the old one look blah = XM Magneto making the old SS Magneto Comiquette laughable.

I just don't get what the heck either of them were doing in the past. Were they breakdancing...especially Carnage. Venom...looked rigormoritsed.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #608
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
A little heavy, no?
Nah, it's tongue-in-cheek.

I get the natural instinct to compare things, but I think in general people get in the way of their own enjoyment with this stuff.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #609
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Nah brah, if it ain't a grail, it's a fail. Grailzzz for life son. OG Sideshow4life, nothing will ever be as good as it was back in the golden age, 5 whole years ago. If it costs more cheddah, you know it's bettah.

#GRAILZ
#GETONMYLEVEL
Have u weighed your hulk recently??
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #610
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Not gonna try and start a vs. war here, but I agree almost 100%. If someone can please tell me what the hell the Original Venom and especially Carnage comiquettes were supposed to be doing...maybe I'd have a better appreciation for them. I actually owned both of them at one point, and this was IMO in SS's give more for less days...and solid heavier feeling statues...not the current eggshell thin crap.

Always thought the Venom was OVERRATED!!! BUT....THIS ONE AINT THAT MUCH BETTER!...in fact...I think I like this one less. Like someone else said, this is a pose more befitting of a Planet of the Apes character or Beast from the XMen!!!

Carnage is leaps and bounds better above that original comiquette its not funny. I would equate the new SS Carnage makes the old one look blah = XM Magneto making the old SS Magneto Comiquette laughable.

I just don't get what the heck either of them were doing in the past. Were they breakdancing...especially Carnage. Venom...looked rigormoritsed.
I do prefer the new pieces by far but I will admit Loric I was talking s*** to stop people from putting down the new pieces to defend the originals.

I am really looking forward to seeing shots of these from a high def cam. I find the shots we have if venom make him look bumpy which isn't at all what I get from the official SS teaser pic.

If someone could try to get shots that show scale and maybe post a vid that would be really appreciated.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote