Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-03-2019, 08:15 AM   #101
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Pre-order on Oct 17

Cool!

Then we should see the proto pics Oct 15th!

And more NYCC pics today ...and thru the weekend. Sweet!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:16 AM   #102
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Apparently this has 2 face portraits and 3 visor options, so anyone not happy with the 'vanilla' option at NYCC could be made happy

I personally initially thought it looked a bit basic but with the HQ photos its starting to look quite good! And the potential visor effect will be a must.
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:20 AM   #103
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

So is Cyc the only new PF SS has on display at NYCC this year ?
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #104
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Even in the 90s cartoon Cyclops doesn't always touch his visor to fire it. The Astonishing X-Men run (with the sic black suit) he didn't touch the visor all the time.

I could swear I read someplace where mental control technology was made for him to couple with the visor. I mean for god sake, they have costumes made of unstable particles that can change as needed, I don't believe he needs to touch the visor anymore. That was vintage Cyke, not post Shi'ar etc.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #105
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

Entirely not sure. Still waiting for more NYCC2019 pics to find out.

There could be more ...not sure, tho.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:22 AM   #106
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
That's what I read too. Pretty lame if true. Maybe it was the only MARVEL PF? I'm hoping to see another Turner release of Witchblade
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:22 AM   #107
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
If his hand was touching the dial on his visor...you know, the way the visor actually works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I see what you said but I can only go by what I’ve read buddy. Maybe you’ve read something I haven’t. It’s possible.

I don’t expect every comic artist to be accurate, especially when they just want him blasting and looking cool while doing it, or every video game or cartoon even try to animate it every time. But if you’ve read something different about how it should work I’d love to know (not being facetious, I’m interested).

It’s how it worked in other media, too.

Otherwise if the visor keeps his blasts in, how would he get them to come out?
Up until your recent posts I always assumed you read the quintessential x-run by claremont or atleast some of it, Cyclops rarely (if ever) that i recall put his hand to his visor.

Hell in the first few issue of the iconic 1991 jim lee/claremont x men cyclops wasn’t putting his hand to his visor. I'm shocked you would even write this tbh.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:25 AM   #108
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Even in the 90s cartoon Cyclops doesn't always touch his visor to fire it. The Astonishing X-Men run (with the sic black suit) he didn't touch the visor all the time.

I could swear I read someplace where mental control technology was made for him to couple with the visor. I mean for god sake, they have costumes made of unstable particles that can change as needed, I don't believe he needs to touch the visor anymore. That was vintage Cyke, not post Shi'ar etc.

I think it was the Marvel Universe Hand Book comic series that talked about Cyclops visor. I remember reading that he didn't need to touch his visor to activate it.

This Marvel Database also states the same
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Cyclops%27_Visor
Old 10-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #109
grphyx1
Kingpin

Didn't that start in the first X-Men movie? I sorta recall the original visor when he first was at the mansion, that he did have something to adjust how intense the blast would be.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:18 AM   #110
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
They are lol, there is also the issue of lower body positioning stemming from xm making a lower half to accommodate for 2 different upper halfs.

When we lean forward our pelvis goes back and vise verse when leaning back in order to maintain center of balance/gravity.

No doubt there are going to be trade-offs when doing multiple torsos, but the examples you provided are not true of what's actually happening with the XM statue.

In his forward position he's probably only flexed 20-30 degrees. In his upright position his spine is relatively neutral with flexion towards the upper thoracic. Basically, a neutral hip position works fine with both.

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote