Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

what about falcons now

forget vick tehre are other threads to discuss him

any falcon fans here?

is there anyone out there you would like at quarterback. is herrington the guy? how is the locker room? teammates getting along or fighting with eachother? what are the stations reporting about the team besides vick

i dont play fantasy but i doubt there is anyone to take on the falcons now. even dunn is probably not a good idea with a team in turmoil

ths may be a hard year to be a fan but you just had a lot of salary cap space opened up over the next few years. once the raiders sign russell we will have to get rid of a quarterback and if it is mccown or walters they may make a good edition to any team.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
statman
Baron Zemo

I doubt Harrington is the answer. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Maybe they should just tank the season and get one of the QB's coming out next year.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 PM   #3
ant-man
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

im one of the few that think the falcons will be better in the long run without Vick...
ant-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #4
imthkman
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Well, the starters will probably play more than a half tonight, so I'll get a good look at what they can do. Harrington's not bad, but I don't think he's a long-term answer. I was never a Vick fan, so I'm not sorry to see him go. It was just a year early, because I seriously doubt he would put up the kind of passing numbers that Petrino needs from his QB. I think they would have cut or traded him after this season. He just never seemed to get any better and was/is very immature. The local news is pretty much stuck on the Vick story, but the team seems pretty tight-knit. Absolutely no in-fighting among the team. I would say that the passing stats of the offense will be much better with Harrington, but the rushing attack won't seem as potent w/o Vick's yards to pad the totals. I bet we'll be around .500. Probably a few wins under it.
imthkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

The falcons are made around Vick. They had 2 great HBs now one. nothing going for them as far as recievers other than their TE. Its going to take a few years for them to get back into it
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #6
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

they aren't doin too good tonight
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #7
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinzs View Post
The falcons are made around Vick. They had 2 great HBs now one. nothing going for them as far as recievers other than their TE. Its going to take a few years for them to get back into it

LOL!!!!!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote