The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless1 View Post
Now there is Stealth Version
The stealth version is repaint of the Mk7
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:51 AM   #22
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
The stealth version is repaint of the Mk7
I think it is a repainted of the mk3.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:57 AM   #23
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
I think it is a repainted of the mk3.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:15 AM   #24
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

No, there's a Mark III Stealth Version now.

Link to order here: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...t-toys-902550/
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #25
Iacon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post

Yeah that's the one I meant.
Although the black stealth is also really nice. I got that one and it's pretty awesome.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:39 PM   #26
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post

I see. Didn't know there was a new repaint coming. I think the Mk7 Stealth looks a bit cooler than this one.

The Mk3 looks to be color inspired from the comics with the bluish tone and the red arc reactor.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:29 AM   #27
Iacon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I see. Didn't know there was a new repaint coming. I think the Mk7 Stealth looks a bit cooler than this one.

The Mk3 looks to be color inspired from the comics with the bluish tone and the red arc reactor.
Agreed Black MK7 is better. Still with the exclusive sold out on MK3 I can see this Stealth selling fast given that it is another Sideshow Exclusive.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #28
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Happy with it?

I got mine in last week, ordered from Sideshow, and I have mixed feelings about this one.

I think it is amazing in terms of all the detail but....
Maybe its just me, I found it very nerve racking to handle. I get a very distinct feeling, and I was right, that it is EXTREMELY FRAGILE. Lots of tiny moving hinged parts that are wafer thin plastic. It definitely would have been 1,000 time better if it was completely die cast like I had expected it to be.

My fears proved true. I was being extra careful, rubber gloves and all, examining it to test all the hidden compartments when immediately in removing one of the shoulder plates, the tiny magnet that holds the plastic plate to the metal part of the torso came unglued. And it got worse. One of my beefs with Hot Toys figures is that that are so stiff that they are extremely difficult to pose or even sometimes just to switch hands/heads. I had it all together on the stand on my desk and decided to swap out the head to take a picture....
In trying to put the other head onto the ball connector on the body, it shifted under the applied pressure! The figure went flying off my desk and onto the floor...arms and legs popped right off and the left hinged hip plate snapped off! Fortunately not broken, just unglued where it connected to the hinge but a pain to have to now re-glue things and worry about getting them to set just right and not get glue onto parts that could be damaged but the glue.

If the figure had been completely die cast, as I had assumed by the description, this would not have been an issue.

Also a sidebar mini complaint about this figure. I think the scale is actually off. Keeping in mind that there is suppose to be a human inside the Iron Man armor, I think the scale is too small. Side by side with my other Hot Toy figures, I actually find it, scale wise slightly smaller than the Spider-man or Batman figures I got. I look at it and think, if the body of those figures are 1/6 scale and they were to be suited up in the Iron Man armor, the figure would be a fair bit larger that this version of Iron Man Mark III.

The other issue, Hot Toys seems to be able to put figures into poses that there is no way in hell I can achieve. They simply do not bend that way, at least to without pushing the joints to a point I feel they are about to snap.

Overall a very nice and highly detailed figure. Just a little too fragile for my liking.....Oh and 15 batteries!!??? You would think the design stage would have thought that one out a little better.

Just my rant for the day.

Last edited by fernando2; 09-28-2015 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #29
Conehead
Luke Cage

Digging that stealth IM...
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #30
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando2 View Post
I got mine in last week, ordered from Sideshow, and I have mixed feelings about this one.

I think it is amazing in terms of all the detail but....
Maybe its just me, I found it very nerve racking to handle. I get a very distinct feeling, and I was right, that it is EXTREMELY FRAGILE. Lots of tiny moving hinged parts that are wafer thin plastic. It definitely would have been 1,000 time better if it was completely die cast like I had expected it to be.

Thats why Im just leaving him in a museum pose.

Bad that its not fully diecast, cause thats its selling point but all good cause this is my fave version of the suits.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote