Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-19-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Yanks beat Tigers

What a load of crap this is! This is bull@$#%. Where the hell is the pitching dammit!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I wonder how many of the Yankee haters that were so happy back in May will admit that the reports earlier this season of the Yankees demise were greatly exaggerated.

No way can you write off a team in freak'n May that has the line up the Yankees have. I've been telling the corny Met fans at my job this from the beginning.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I wonder how many of the Yankee haters that were so happy back in May will admit that the reports earlier this season of the Yankees demise were greatly exaggerated.
I for one thought they were finished, and I was looking forward to seeing them suffer for the rest of the year. But theyve been great since the AllStar break. Damn 'em.

Ah, but you can write a team off in May cause the Yankees pitching staff is still kinda lousy.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
I for one thought they were finished, and I was looking forward to seeing them suffer for the rest of the year. But theyve been great since the AllStar break. Damn 'em.

Ah, but you can write a team off in May cause the Yankees pitching staff is still kinda lousy.
You are a true Yankee hater Vman. The Yankees staff at it's worst wasn't bad enough that you could've wrote them off in May. The Devil Rays and Royals you can write off in May, not a team like the Yankees. That's just crazy talk. Don't be like the other haters that end up sounding like they don't know about baseball because they're so blinded by hate. You know, like Bat Collector.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

They were only down 13 1/2 Games on May 29th...That ain't no hill for a Stepper...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
They were only down 13 1/2 Games on May 29th...That ain't no hill for a Stepper...
Hell yeah. I was telling the Mutt fans at my job when every Met fan, Yankee hater and all over ESPN all the haters were writing the Yankees off - I was telling them; "Helloooo it's May". Mutt fans and the haters I understand but when all these so-called experts on ESPN were saying it I couldn't believe it. Those jabronis are supposed to know what they're talking about. The Yankees pitching wasn't the worst and their line up is awesome. Even when were losing all those games the run differential was insane. I only heard a handful of people on ESPN, some newspaper guys and on Yahoo sports that were always saying that the Yankees could turn it around. Even when nobody was really hitting we were still scoring tons of runs. Once Cano and Abreu starting playing like themselves the line up would be that much better. Anyway, there's still allot of baseball left to be played but I'm enjoying the ride. I hope they catch the Red Sux and take the AL east... AGAIN so I can see all these haters with their sad faces.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
'Nuff

I'm with ya 100%...You think you get abused by the Met Fans up there in NY...Ya oughtta see what I have to go through down here...Being the only Yankee fan from Texas that I know of...We did get a NY transplant at work...So I have a little help with the haters...
Old 08-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #8
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post

No way can you write off a team in freak'n May that has the line up the Yankees have. I've been telling the corny Met fans at my job this from the beginning.
I hate the yankees with great distain, but even when the yanks were back 14 games I said in another post that if any team could come back to win the division it's this wretched team
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #9
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
I hate the yankees with great distain, but even when the yanks were back 14 games I said in another post that if any team could come back to win the division it's this wretched team
That you did...
Old 08-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #10
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
That you did...
That lineup is just so powerful.

All they need is the pitchers to give up less than 6 runs a game!
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote