Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 07-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #11
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

the 3 trex vs king kong is awesome, btw got the venatouras attack, its very coo, just ordered the king kong bust for $40 shipped on ebay ill show you a pic once i get it all set up
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #12
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Great collection that you have there. I know that this is not quite the same as the stuff that you have but I thought that you might be interested in seeing this statue that I have. Apparently they were made specifically for gifts to the crew who worked on the Kong animated TV series back in the 90s.

Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #13
Indy_Yoda
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post

That thing is awesome. I have never seen this one before. Is it bronze or just painted that way?
Indy_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:34 PM   #14
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

current king kong set up, will place kong bust behind venatouras attack on a little display riser
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:00 AM   #15
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Yoda View Post
That thing is awesome. I have never seen this one before. Is it bronze or just painted that way?
It's just painted that way. It's a chunky piece so would weigh an absolute ton if it were real bronze. I've never seen another one anywhere either and only know what the person who I got it from told me as internet searches have provided absolutely nothing.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:23 AM   #16
KingKong
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot117 View Post
the 3 trex vs king kong is awesome, btw got the venatouras attack, its very coo, just ordered the king kong bust for $40 shipped on ebay ill show you a pic once i get it all set up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot117 View Post

current king kong set up, will place kong bust behind venatouras attack on a little display riser
Awesome setup man! A suggestion, you may try to change the angel of the Kong VS V-Rex a bit, it looks really great in other angels too

I really feel so happy you like King Kong too. I have been searching for more people who like King Kong statues since a few years back, glad i meet u here

Yup, the Weta King Kong VS 3 T-Rexes was so awesome! Next i will write an article to introduce the full size V-Rex sculpt (not much to say about it, but i have gathered quite some photos )
KingKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #17
KingKong
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Yoda View Post
I second that man! It is defnitely an awesome piece!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
Great collection that you have there. I know that this is not quite the same as the stuff that you have but I thought that you might be interested in seeing this statue that I have. Apparently they were made specifically for gifts to the crew who worked on the Kong animated TV series back in the 90s.

Thanks for the kind word man!

I like this King Kong you posted! Looks damn cool!!! Freaking awesome is all i wanna say!

Do you have more info about this piece? And you are right man, i have been searching all kind of King Kong collectibles (mostly statue) related info almost non stop these few years (there was a few months i search the net daily just for king kong info), this piece is definitely the first time i see it here! (i believe i have seen at least 85-90% of King Kong sculpts, i joined various forums and searched non stop, but until today i still see something i never seen before!!!)
Old 07-30-2015, 12:07 PM   #18
KingKong
Doh!

Preview photo of the full-size V-Rex for my next article

Old 07-30-2015, 12:11 PM   #19
risingstar
Jedi Order

Cool collection
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #20
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong View Post
I second that man! It is defnitely an awesome piece!!!

Thanks for the kind word man!

I like this King Kong you posted! Looks damn cool!!! Freaking awesome is all i wanna say!

Do you have more info about this piece? And you are right man, i have been searching all kind of King Kong collectibles (mostly statue) related info almost non stop these few years (there was a few months i search the net daily just for king kong info), this piece is definitely the first time i see it here! (i believe i have seen at least 85-90% of King Kong sculpts, i joined various forums and searched non stop, but until today i still see something i never seen before!!!)
The only information that I ever got was from the person that I got it from who confirmed that it was given to him as a gift by someone who was a fund manager for the animation company that made the cartoon.
I spent absolutely ages after I got it trying to find out more information about it but there's not even a manufacturer mark on the statue or the cage - just this...

If you ever see anything about this item during your King Kong exploits then let me know!