Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #51
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
As much as I love Storm I don't like her newer neo-Mohawk looks or what they represent from a story perspective (taken from being Queen of Wakanda, inner council of the X-Men and main team Avenger down to just being submissive to Wolverine...horrible direction) ... I could never see myself passing up an XM Storm but I would if it was one of those newer costumes.

AGREED! This is my preferred costume.

But the costume in its various variations has actually been used a lot. Several fighting games, several cartoons, AvX, etc.

Alan Davis originated the costume. This is the first variation.

It was abandoned when he left but came back when he returned after the Morrison era ended in the mid 2000s.
Yes-- this was the cape I was trying to find but forgot it was Davis that designed it. I LOVE this cape.

But I really love the thigh high boots with the silver (or gold, I care less which) on them instead of a full body suit. Why, well, Ororo has never been afraid to show skin. She enjoys being free and natural and the boots show more skin.

I never saw Storm as a submissive to Wolverine. I saw her as a submissive to T'Challa. F-that. THAT was a horrible storyline done just to drive up sales and be a "Marvel Event". I was so happy when she left his a$$ and came back to the States. Ever more happy when she got together with Logan.

I liked their relationship because it was true, honest, loving and built out of respect. They have always cared for each other, been dear friends and then lovers. Two strong and powerful personalities that never compromised their standards for one another and treated each other with respect.

Ororo was always able to be vulnerable with Logan even before they were together. I always like that side of her because she is so reserved because of her power-set. She calms him and he centers her. In fact, their relationship is the basis of one of my favorite X-Men TAS episodes: One Mans Worth
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:05 PM   #52
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
So what you are saying is....Ororo prefers animal love.

God forbids he gets super excited and goes into beserker sex mode and pops his claws.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:50 AM   #53
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yes-- this was the cape I was trying to find but forgot it was Davis that designed it. I LOVE this cape.

But I really love the thigh high boots with the silver (or gold, I care less which) on them instead of a full body suit. Why, well, Ororo has never been afraid to show skin. She enjoys being free and natural and the boots show more skin.

I never saw Storm as a submissive to Wolverine. I saw her as a submissive to T'Challa. F-that. THAT was a horrible storyline done just to drive up sales and be a "Marvel Event". I was so happy when she left his a$$ and came back to the States. Ever more happy when she got together with Logan.

I liked their relationship because it was true, honest, loving and built out of respect. They have always cared for each other, been dear friends and then lovers. Two strong and powerful personalities that never compromised their standards for one another and treated each other with respect.

Ororo was always able to be vulnerable with Logan even before they were together. I always like that side of her because she is so reserved because of her power-set. She calms him and he centers her. In fact, their relationship is the basis of one of my favorite X-Men TAS episodes: One Mans Worth
Ahhhh...so desperately trying not to fall back into thread derailment! Can't help it, geek-out moment is calling me...

I'm pretty much the opposite on all account! Which is fine.

I like the full body better probably just because it came first. But yeah, Storm doesn't care too much about nakedness. She's probably naked thunderstorm showered in front of (or rather, above) most of the team at different points outside of her greenhouse.

I hated the Storm/BP relationship for how it got started but grew to like it as they made a great team, showed genuine love for each other, and I liked what it did for both of them. It made her a queen. It made him interact with more people. It challenged both of them, her balancing being an X-Man, wife and queen, him balancing his duty as a king and as a husband. A lot of potential wasted there. I wish they were still together because of all that could've been explored with them.

Now I'm a big Wolverine fan, bigger Storm fan, and alternate realities with them together are fine, and I like that animated episode as well, but they don't work for me in the regular Universe. During X-Men Vol. 3 when she lead the all female squad (still under Wolverine, though), I forgot which of her teammates said it but they even made a comment about this not quite in control Storm being less than great...panel hunting I go! I believe it was Psylocke?

Plus I like single Wolverine, or him with somebody not popular. Where is this gonna go when he comes back to life? Will they get Wolverine and Storm married? Will they date forever? What can be done with that relationship? It's just not as exciting to me. All I can see is them eventually parting ways to free up Wolverine and since the marriage break up did happen, I would've liked to see a single Storm explore and regain herself before being forced into any other relationship. While she field led X-Force, it was still under Wolverine. It would've been cool to see her as a 3rd side to the schism at that point with her own group of rebellious X-Men not tied to Cyclops or Wolverine, kinda like the X-Treme X-Men days when she took her own independent team.

People forget or don't know before Wolverine and Storm were abruptly put together in WatXM #25 this was the last full conversation between these two before Schism and her deciding to go with Cyclops:

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:01 AM   #54
Peedi
The Secret Six

Ok. This is a 2nd Jean thread costarring Storm. Like I said before, I'm certainly not helping things here but what is going on? Lol
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:11 PM   #55
AC_808
Hercules

Somebody ....just change the thread title! Make this thread into a Storm thread already!

We already have a XM Phoenix thread anyway.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:39 PM   #56
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Somebody ....just change the thread title! Make this thread into a Storm thread already!

We already have a XM Phoenix thread anyway.
lol
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #57
dechirico7
The Flash

I have seen that second custom portrait floating around facebook. The one by Mule. I like how it looks. Definitely makes more sense than the Troy one.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #58
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I have seen that second custom portrait floating around facebook. The one by Mule. I like how it looks. Definitely makes more sense than the Troy one.
hate to say it but Troy's got FUBAR'ed at the factory. I like how Mule is allowing people to choose their painters so they can make sure it's painted properly....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote